“Another Boozy Bash at the Oxi!!!!”
Review of Oxgang House Hotel

Oxgang House Hotel
Oxgang House Hotel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Grangemouth
Reviewed 26 May 2009

Never before have i known a pub to stay open so late 7 days a week. Staff are always willing to stay behind and have a drink or a free strip show. Beware of the guy sitting in the corner wearing the hat he can be quite hostile. Free tutorials from the resident teacher although hes only found proping up bar during school hours!!!!!!! (1 red wine per hour fee). Bar staff are very friendly, especially Manager Mel( Don't be fooled by her appearance) Another good tip is if you see an Aston Martin outside the front door the chances are you are getting a few free drinks(Dont go 1 on 1 as this big chap can drink) Try and avoid Sunday night Jam sessions with lookalike Geronimo as they are crap and are probabley better of sticking to whistles. Pub Is no longer a haunt for the green and white variety as the infamous Oxi Loyal now frequent pub and you are likely to hear The beach boys and Tina Turner On the Juke Box

Overall a fantastic pub 10/10 on all fronts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
4  Thank oxiloyal

Reviewed 2 September 2008

While working nearby for almost 2 weeks i had the pleasure of staying here. My room was clean, comfortable and spacious, although I spent most of my free time in the bar. The staff were excellent, helpful and very friendly. The bar meals were superb and very reasonably priced, you can't go wrong with a 3 course meal for a tenner on Sundays. I can recommend the steak pie, and a pint of 70. I wish i had stayed longer and will not hesitate to stay again. So Sharon, Mel, Laura, Babs and those who's name i can't remember, many thanks and see you soon!!!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 June 2008

Our daughter and now husband had their wedding reception at the oxgang house hotel on 31st may 08. We cannot thank the management and staff enough for the hard work that they put in towards making it such a successful and memorable day for us all.
It was a last minute decision to get married and we took the wedding package they have so we didn't have to organise much ourselves . What fantastic value!!!
The food was fab [compliments to the chef] best steak pie i've ever tasted and plenty of it too. Taken my wife back for a bar lunch twice since.
The newly weds stayed in the "honeymoon suite"which had a king-size 4 poster bed which was included in the package price.
We also stayed in a lovely bright room overlooking the garden. Breakfast in the morning was of the same standard as our meal the previous day.
Keep up the good work all staff a the oxgang, will no doubt be back in again soon!
Ben and Meg Rankin

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2008

Had relatives from America over for a family gathering at the beginning of April this year. Eight of them stayed in the Oxgang House Hotel for five nights. Rooms were all very fresh and recently re-furbished. One of the single rooms was still to be decorated but was still very comfortable and clean.
What hospitality they were given by the staff, they went out of their way to make them feel welcome.
On the Sunday night there was a pub quiz in the bar and was done with an american theme just for us. Thank goodness the relatives knew how many stars and stripes were on the american flag!! What a great night we had.
They loved the food and we ended up having quite a few family meals in the restaurant, very reasonably priced as well. The chef even made them homemade pancakes and maple syrup at breakfast one morning.
Definitely recommend anyone to go there.

Anne

Stayed: April 2008
1  Thank boo58
Reviewed 23 June 2007

This is truly the worst place I have ever stayed in with bully-boy staff. When I arrived there were no staff at reception, instead had to make my way to the bar and stand in line with the punters to get served the key to my room. Then the room I was given was right next to the bar! However when I got into the room the window was wide open which made me suspicious - when I looked at the walls the wallpaper was peeling away and showing signs of what looked like damp. When I tried to shut the window the blinds fell down and therefore made my night VERY uncomfortable given that the bed was right at the window. The bathroom flooring was substandard and shoddy. The shower I was advised 'takes 15 to 20 minutes to heat up'. The TV didn't work. When I complained to hotel management they reduced the price from GBP47 to GBP37....still an absolute rip-off!! They promised that the window would be fixed that evening - it wasn't. When I complained again they said to me that all they could do was book another hotel - which would be at my cost!! Their attitude was take it, or leave it! This is notwithstanding the fact that it was 1am in the morning. A truly shocking hotel with bully-boy type staff.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled on business
4  Thank InfrequentReviewer
Reviewed 10 September 2006

I stayed at the oxgang at the start of September and i was late booking in turning up after midnight but the staff could not have been more helpful and the room I stayed in had just been refurbished so was in first class condition , furthermore I was asked if I required food at that late hour I thought that was fantastic put some 5 star hotels to shame, I stayed the three days and had no complains food was lovely and the staff most friendly.

Stewart Harley

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled on business
2  Thank william588
Reviewed 30 April 2006

Room was very tired and drab in colour, shower did not work and overall the hotel badly needs updating. the breakfast was fine but what was particularly disturbing was the noise from the disco, and last night the front door window was smashed and nobody made an effort to pick up the glass which you had to walk through too get to the dining room,reception etc.

• Stayed: April 2006
2  Thank Moonraker_12
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grangemouth
Leapark Hotel
0 mi away
Milnholm Manor
Milnholm Manor
#2 of 2 in Grangemouth

Been to Oxgang House Hotel? Share your experiences!