“Really good food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Khushi's Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 180 Restaurants in Dunfermline
Price range: US$11 - US$31
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Cheap Eats, Groups, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Khushi's was the first Indian restaurant opened in Scotland in 1947.
Scotland, United Kingdom
“Really good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2013 via mobile

I was a bit worried about going here as the reviews are a bit hit and miss but we needn't have worried. The food is obviously freshly cooked and very flavoursome. Staff were attentive and portion sizes fine. We will definitely return. Minor irritation was the arrival of pappadoms which had not been ordered and the lack of the pre-theatre menu which appears on the web site but is only served in Edinburgh (this is not clear from the web site).

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Basilbig
Khushi's R, Public Relations Manager at Khushi's Restaurant, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
Dear Reviewer, Thank you for leaving your lovely comments on Trip Advisor. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your first visit to Khushi’s. During your next visit, please feel free to let a member of our team know you would prefer not to have popadoms, this is no problem at all. I would like to apologise for the confusion regarding the pre-theatre menu; we have since updated our website to avoid any other confusion. We hope to see you again soon at Khushi’s!

Leven, United Kingdom
“Lovely restaurant with lovely authentic food...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

Myself and my partner tried khushis in Dunfermline last week, we hadn't booked, we just popped in on the off chance they would have a spare table.
The restaurant is designed and decorated quite plush, no expense spared, the waiters are all smartly dressed in nice uniforms with logo etc.
We noticed they don't have a drinks licence, but they allow you to bring your own bottle, with a small corkage fee. Impressed.
We did have to wait a wee bit longer than I would've liked for the food, but once it arrived it was very tasty, and Fresh, I had vegetable biriani, it was delish, my partner had the lamb karahi, and he enjoyed his too, mine came with a dough lid, which the waiter cut off and the biriani was cooked inside, different touch, we would go back, probably with a large group next time and bring our own drink. Probably the best Indian restaurant I've ever been in, first class, the only reason I've not given it five stars was because my favourite starter and main wasn't on the menu, and when I enquired if it was possible for the chef to do me the dishes anyway, he said no...(garlic mushrooms for starter, and lamb passanda for main) I was disappointed, as my usual place doesn't have on the menu either but they still make it for me,....:)
But.....I would go back.....

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank jennylovie
Dear Reviewer, Thank you for leaving your feedback for Khushi’s on Trip Advisor. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your first visit. We are always looking for new delicious dishes to add to our menu so I will pass on your suggestions to our head chef. We do have a BYOB policy, however we do not charge any corkage. We are looking forward to your second visit!
Edinburgh, Scotland
“Limited choice in Dunfermline is what makes it the "best in town"”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013

The service is polite and the atmosphere is nice. It's always busy, the reason - such a poor choice in the rest of town.
The food at most is "average". I had two veggie dishes: muttar paneer, had to send a search party looking for the muttar and the sauce it came in completely swamped the flavour of the ingredients; and sarg aloo, the sarg had not been minced enough so was stringy (not the way it should be) and the potatoes were a little under done.
Finally, if you have to pay extra for the popadoms, why place them on the table automatically without asking ?

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Ali921
Dear Reviewer, We are sorry to hear you were not entirely satisfied after your recent visit to Khushi’s Dunfermline. All of our dishes are made fresh to order using only the best, fresh local ingredients to ensure the best quality dish, which is perhaps not what you have experienced previously. We do hope you will join us again.
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“In my opinion the best Indian Restaurant in Dunfermline...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2013

...and probably the priciest; that said the food is very good to excellent. In line with a lot of modern restaurants flock wallpaper has been banished but all the hard surfaces mean that there can be a lot of extraneous sound and on busy nights you can struggle to hear the chat of your party.
It may be the price of success.
The staff have always been very polite and attentive too.
The price is the only thing that has knocked a mark off

Visited April 2013
Dear Reviewer, Thank you very much for your excellent comments. We are honoured to be your favourite Indian restaurant. When you dine at Khushi’s you can be assured that we use only the best, fresh local produce to ensure the best quality for all of our dishes. We hope to see you again soon!
Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2013

First class food best I have tasted in fife good sized portions and reasonable prices.Great service with plenty of smiles will definatley be back.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Khushi's R, Public Relations Manager at Khushi's Restaurant, responded to this review, 5 May 2013
Dear Reviewer, Thank you very much for your feedback. We are honoured to be your favourite restaurant in Fife. We are looking forward to your next visit!