“Excellent food and service”

Khushi's Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 186 Restaurants in Dunfermline
Price range: US$11 - US$32
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Khushi's was the first Indian restaurant opened in Scotland in 1947.
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I was at Khushi's just a couple of weeks ago. I cannot fault the food or service, it was excellent. I am vegetarian and there was plenty of choice. I will definately be going back there again soon .

5 Thank Jane S

Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“The Best Indian Restaurant Ever!”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I was never a huge Indian food fan, all too often I was served heavy, creamy, over spiced sauces it just didn't do anything for my tastebuds, that was until Khushi's opened in my home town of Dunfermline. The food was fresh, with amazing spices and I instantly was an Indian food convert. As were all of my family. We have eaten in Khushis at least twice of month since the restaurant opened. We also regularly get takeaways and have had their home catering service for several family functions which is absolutely amazing. The great guys at Khushis come to your house or venue and set up all their catering equipment and then serve up their amazing Indian food to 20 or more of your guests. Such a fantastic service. Each and every time, be it in the restaurant or at home we have loved the food as have our guests. The staff are so attentive and friendly and the food is consistently great. I can honestly say I have never had a bad meal or experience at this top Indian restaurant. I would consider myself very fussy when it comes to eating out and customer service and Khushis have always exceeded my high expectations. I have eaten at some lovely places all over the world but Khushis are most certainly in my top 5. So fortunate to have them in the town I live.

5 Thank Familyof5186525
“Lunch at Kushi's”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Had a very lovely lunch here a couple of weeks ago the standard and service were the usual first class. Sorry they went through a bad experience because I could not fault anything. Looking forward to another visit soon. Until the results of the incident are made public we need to keep open minds these guys serve great food and also support local charities with great donations. Would be sad to see them loose customers because of one incident that has not yet been proven. Thanks guys for great times and hope to see you soon.

• Visited May 2014
4 Thank Margaret S
“Back again”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Just got back yesterday from holidays in USA. We had some great food there and a great time but since the cupboard was still bare we could not wait to enjoy a takeaway from Khushis again.
We had heard of the recent unfortunate events and are aware the matter is still awaiting investigation report as is standard in these cases but see no cause for concern since action has been taken.
Our meal, just as we have always experienced, was delicious, fresh tasting and beautifully balanced in spicing. The meal was ready exactly on time and I was dealt with in the usual friendly way and gracious manner.
I have no axe to grind one way or another, apart from having excellent eating options available in Dunfermline, but it saddens me to read some of the negative reviews. Folks, unfortunately these things happen even in our ultra cautious modern world (many will know of a very famous restaurant in England where you would need to take out a mortgage to afford dinner even if you could get a reservation within two years) which recently had to close it's doors to take remedial action. Panic and over reaction seems to be the default response of many these days. This kind of event is of course a serious concern but a little common sense and balance is surely the right approach. Whatever the source and cause will be determined by objective investigation and the necessary action will be taken to assure as far as practically possible the health of the good citizens of Fife.
In the meantime my family and I will continue to enjoy being a customer of Khushis and do hope that, in the interest of having a choice of excellent food places in Dunfermline, other customers do the same.
By the way, the slightly increased spicing of tonight's vegetable jalfrezi added a new balance of taste. Thanks to all of the team down there, glad to be back.

5 Thank Fifer7
“Still the best”
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Again me and the wife visited khushis for lunch,amazing again,thanks guys,you are ao dear to our hearts,simply the best

5 Thank TheDaddy186530