“Superb meal at Khushi's”

Khushi's Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 200 Restaurants in Dunfermline
Price range: US$12 - US$33
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Description: Khushi's was the first Indian restaurant opened in Scotland in 1947.
Reviewed 1 July 2014

A very good quality meal, a splendid menu, pleasant surroundings and superb service. The 'take your own drink' is something I hadn't experienced previously but it meant we drank good quality wine a supermarket prices! We will be going again!

8  Thank Phillamb

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I realise that lots have people have only had good experiences here but unfortunately it only takes one bad meal. I contracted E Coli after eating here in May causing my family and I 3 weeks of illness, problems and stress. Anything I have seen regarding the E Coli outbreak written by Khushis seems to insinuate that they are not at fault which does not give me any confidence to ever risk a return visit!

18  Thank Cairdy
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We eat at Khushi's regularly and it is always exceptional. The food is really tasty and portion sizes are perfect

4  Thank Cllr Neale H
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I have eaten here a couple of times for lunch - the set menu is fantastic.

I would recommend the fish dishes (also, you can avoid possible ecoli??)

The naan bread is not great however, very mass produced looking, and when we asked if we could have a garilc instead of plain we were told no. We were more than happy to pay full price for this so I do not understand why they do this.

Staff seem to think that this place is a bit special, so their arrogance can let it down.

However, the home made Kulfi is exceptional - I would more than recommend this.

2  Thank Gillian J
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Have eaten here several times, most recently for my son's 11th birthday - his choice, he LOVES Khushis!

Food is always fresh, hot and authentic and very reasonably priced - the corkage free BYOB helps keep the price down too. I'm a great fish lover and always seem to go for the beautiful monkfish tikka followed by Goan fish curry but I'm assured all their other dishes are lovely too.

So pleased for them that they got the all clear following a recent ecoli outbreak, heard today that no ecoli was found in the kitchen although it wouldn't have stopped us going back anyway -I'm sure it will only make them even more vigilant.

Now...who's for curry? :)

3  Thank Jillybeany74