“Good Traditional Food ” 4 of 5 bubbles

Khushi's Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 180 Restaurants in Dunfermline
Price range: US$11 - US$31
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Khushi's was the first Indian restaurant opened in Scotland in 1947.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Good Traditional Food ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

The Restaurant was easy to find and when I arrived the staff were very pleasant. The menu was very well laid out and I could work out a the prices easy. The food which I had was a Chicken Korma it was very creamy and not that spicy which was what I was expecting. Over all I was very impressed by the food a service and I would return

6 Thank Danny M

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“Superb meal at Khushi's”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

A very good quality meal, a splendid menu, pleasant surroundings and superb service. The 'take your own drink' is something I hadn't experienced previously but it meant we drank good quality wine a supermarket prices! We will be going again!

• Visited May 2014
8 Thank Phillamb
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“E Coli nightmare”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

I realise that lots have people have only had good experiences here but unfortunately it only takes one bad meal. I contracted E Coli after eating here in May causing my family and I 3 weeks of illness, problems and stress. Anything I have seen regarding the E Coli outbreak written by Khushis seems to insinuate that they are not at fault which does not give me any confidence to ever risk a return visit!

• Visited May 2014
18 Thank Cairdy
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“Regularly excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

We eat at Khushi's regularly and it is always exceptional. The food is really tasty and portion sizes are perfect

• Visited June 2014
4 Thank Cllr Neale H
Forfar, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Food exceptional - Service is not”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

I have eaten here a couple of times for lunch - the set menu is fantastic.

I would recommend the fish dishes (also, you can avoid possible ecoli??)

The naan bread is not great however, very mass produced looking, and when we asked if we could have a garilc instead of plain we were told no. We were more than happy to pay full price for this so I do not understand why they do this.

Staff seem to think that this place is a bit special, so their arrogance can let it down.

However, the home made Kulfi is exceptional - I would more than recommend this.

Visited May 2014