“What's going on?”

Description: Authentic Italian food with a friendly and warm atmosphere
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“What's going on?”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Having been regulars here for 20 years or so, we understand things don't stand still. There is something missing here though. The complimentary pizza bread is no more - ok, the replacement bread with oil & vinegar is perhaps more upmarket but hey - this is Dunfermline and we like our pizza bread!

The atmosphere is cold although the staff are as brilliant as ever. We arrived before 6pm and were the only customers but were denied the pre-theatre menu because Luigi would not serve it after 6. This is just silly when shows don't start until half 7 or so. That said, I tried something I'd never had before and it was superb. It was a lovely gesture to be offered a drink on the house and I see from another review that this is a regular treat, although one we have not previously been offered.

It's hard to say if we'll be back as regular customers. The food and staff cannot be faulted, but there is definitely something we miss, and that could be the deciding factor.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank 41kirstyh

Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“Birthday Treat”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Good service and attention as always but we did miss the complimentary pizza bread.Pre theatre menu good but not a lot of choice.Lasagne not as good as before more tomato than cheese,rissotto tasty but a little dry hard to finish especially with the new bowls.

• Visited April 2014
Fife, United Kingdom
“Very disappointed”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

We have been regulars at this restaurant since we met over 7years ago. We are very unhappy with the new menu you no longer getting a pizza bread on arrival. Went to orde our food and my husband dish he normally gets wasn't on the menu. We weren't told the menu had changed I ordered garlic mushrooms as I love the way they done them in the sizzler plate with lots of garlic and breadcrumbs but I got some chopped up mushrooms not nice. They made my husband dish even though it wasn't on the menu but wasn't the same taste pollo luigi. We got engaged at the old restaurant and have been telling people to try it as we loved it but I'm sorry we won't be back really didn't enjoy our visit the last time and completely put us off

• Visited February 2014
Fife, United Kingdom
“Can't wait to come back!”
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Brill Italian restaurant! My favourite I've been to! Mushrooms are always my favourite and Luigi's do them to perfection! Plenty of garlic just how I love my food! I love a traditional spaghetti Bolognese so really enjoyed this here!

• Visited February 2014
Fife
“Disappointingly average - missing its spark”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

After being a big fan of luigi was bitterly diss appointed on our last visit.

The pasta was clearly from a packet unlike other local Italians who make the effort and make their own, flavourless and bland.pizza average this time too.

No complimentary herb bread either, unlike other Italians who offer lovely warm freshly baked bread and oils. Juice seems ridicously expensive (2.95 really?)considering we can see it comes from a bottle.

Good service as always and nice addition of new childrens menu, but lacking any atmosphere inside.

• Visited March 2014