“Lunch experience” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 12 Coffee & Tea in Dunfermline
Price range: US$4 - US$10
Cuisines: Cafe, British, Scottish
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
“Lunch experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

me and my friend went here for lunch, we are regular customers and love to food and customer service there..... usually.
we got welcomed warmly by the owner there, the gentleman is very nice usually but every time ive been there they do not serve Diet irn bru, which is what i usually drink i politely asked the gentleman after taking our order if i could drink my own can. He started coming across very rude telling me its manners to drink from the place and how rude it was of me almost like it was a crime to ask to drink your own juice. he said it would be ok just this time but afterwords made a very angry statement;
' We will not be in this situation again, will we?'
He spoke to me like a child and i did not appreciate this one bit. anyway the food was very good besides my friends garlic bread which was burnt and sooky, also the onion where bought and made from frozen you can taste this. How hard is it the make onion rings.
im usually very happy there but this was not a nice experience the guy has no happy medium hes either extremely happy or angry at this customers. i work in a restaurant to and i would never think of speak to a paying customer like that just for asking to drink there own juice which is not sold in on the premise.

• Visited July 2014
5 Thank Monique T

Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“great little cafe”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

This cafe serves great food and has awesome service.it can get busy at peak times but decent prices and a brilliant location. Cant be faulted.

Visited October 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Lovely!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

My friend and I have visited cafe by the park on several occasions and the standard of food and service is very high. We always love a wee taste of the soup and the food and cakes are lovely. Definitely worth a visit then a walk in the glen.

Visited July 2014
Dunfermline
“Really lovely”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

We have eaten here a few times and it is definately a place I will take family and friends when they visit us in Dunfermline. The food is really nice and the staff are friendly and cheerful! I would definitely recommend this cafe!!

“Excellent service and great FRESH food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

Stopped in for afternoon tea last Sunday and loved it. The waitresses were very friendly and the quality of the food was second to none.

My wife spotted the banoffie pie to late to have any but we are heading back this weekend so wil be sure to try it out!

You wouldn't know it from the outside (unassuming not unsightly) but this is one of Dunfermline's best wee eateries!

• Visited April 2014