“Pancakes....”

The Pancake Place
Ranked #145 of 186 Restaurants in Dunfermline
Price range: US$4 - US$9
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: A wide selection of breakfast, lunch and dinner, served to your table in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere
Kelty, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Pancakes....”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

I went for lunch with my son Saturday lunchtime - not overly busy, but staff managed to get our order wrong twice, some staff were lovely, others were terse at best. Dirty cutlery and cups, toilets were *filthy* - seats not fixed, layers of grime around the bottoms of the walls/door/toilet pan.

Used to be a lovely place for a snack/meal, but we won't be hurrying back.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Helen A

Dunfermline, Scotland
“Pancakes”
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Food was nice and well served but slow. Average menu and the place was quite draughty, not a cosy experience.

Visited April 2013
Alloa, United Kingdom
“Pancakes Pancakes Pancakes”
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I decided to take my wife and kids there for a treat since they love pancakes, First of all the 7up I ordered came as Soda water no mistake the drink gun had ran out of syrup i dont like drink guns , the kids pancakes were thick and stodgy and ice cream already melted before it was served. I ordered lentil soup and sandwiches the soup was ok flavour wise but was to thick and the sandwiches were made up of badly chopped bread old dry cheese grated and ham that had seen better days. My wifes pancake was suppose to be mushroom stroganoff again the pancake was to thick all you could taste was pancake so bad it had small pieces of egg shell in it. would not say this was quality the place seemed to be run down and the worst I have eating in a long time.Money was taken of the menu which was good but still decent food could have avoiding this.

• Visited June 2013
Paul M, General Manager at The Pancake Place, responded to this review, 27 June 2013
Hi Rory, very sorry you didn't enjoy your recent visit. The Lentil soup and our Pancakes are two of our most popular dishes in Dunfermline. As a matter of fact we have to make Lentil Soup every day as so many people ask for it and we rotate the other soup daily, and of course we make our pancake batter fresh every day from a traditional recipe, this makes it even more disappointing it wasn't right for you on the day. We'll take your comments seriously and use them to help us ensure we get it right in the future.
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“LUNCH WITH FRIENDS”
Reviewed 6 June 2013

My family and I met for lunch here.I had not been to this branch for a few months. We arrived and were met by a very friendly waitress who gave us a menu and seated us.We had soup & sandwiches followed by pancakes to share enjoyed the new trio special. Really enjoyed the mushroom soup(tried to get the recipe from the manager who laughed).After trying the trio I will definitely be back will not share the next time!!
Good service and food

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank odonnell67
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Regular client”
Reviewed 25 April 2013

Excellent staff , great food ,large selection,spotless premises,good all round would highly recommend well worth the visit.

• Visited April 2013