“Good soup”

The Pancake Place
Ranked #147 of 187 Restaurants in Dunfermline
Price range: US$4 - US$9
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: A wide selection of breakfast, lunch and dinner, served to your table in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere
“Good soup”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Visited last week, found the staff to be very friendly, both my wife & I had the soup & sandwich, which we both agreed was very good. During our meal the manageress took the time to ask if everything was O.K which I like. Due to work commitments, we don't visit as much as we would like, but when in town we always visit. Even if its just for a coffee.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank MartinJP63

“Lunch Stop”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Stopped for lunch here with my daughter recently, we had been a few times before but this will be last. I had a Baked Potato with beans, the potato was burnt and tasted awful. My daughter had a Tuna Sandwich which was okay followed by a Pancake with chocolate sauce and cream, that was lovely as usual. With 2 soft drinks the bill came to £21. I was shocked to say the least.

• Visited March 2014
Richmond, United Kingdom
“Pancakes!”
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Me and my girlfriend stopped off here before we left Dunfermline as we were on a day trip from Edinburgh, on a spontaneous decision we decided we felt like pancakes, the place was quiet as it was a Sunday and it was easy enough finding a seat, the staff weren't over the top friendly and patronising like in a lot of places, which is perfectly fine service in my book! We ordered the classic sweet pancakes with chocolate sauce and whipped cream. Can't really fault the food, I mean c'mon, it's pancakes draped in chocolate sauce, what could possibly be bad? The only downside I'd pick up on was that the decor was a little un-atmospheric. Other than that, can't go wrong really. :)

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Cacolantern
Paul M, General Manager at The Pancake Place, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Couldn't have put it better myself, Pancakes cream and chocolate sauce whats not to like? Glad you enjoyed it and hope to see you again soon!
“Snack”
Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

Found this establishment a decent place for a snack. Food is good and served promptly. It benefits from being able to sit down and order a coffee without standing in a queue endesly waiting on someone to make a drink.

1 Thank Neil M
Glad you enjoyed your visit, we think the table service system is best as at least you are seated in comfort while waiting for your coffee rather than standing in a queue.
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“Good food, terrible service”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Visited with a friend on a busy Saturday afternoon over the Christmas/New Year period. We were seated promptly but, unfortunately, the service was downhill from there. We had to ask for our drink order to be taken, then we had to ask for our food order to be taken and the food took an eternity to arrive so, again, we had to ask someone where it was. When we finished we decided to treat ourselves to pancakes but, again, we had to find someone to take our order and the pancakes then took ages to arrive. We tried to ask for our bill without success so just went to the counter to pay. We spoke to the girl at the counter about the poor service and she called over the manager who gave us a list of excuses (e.g. staff not turning up, staff off sick, busy Christmas period........). Whilst I sympathise and totally understand, common sense would be to warn customers when they are being was seated that the service may be slower than normal.

On the plus side, the food was delicious. I had a brie and cranberry panini with lattice fries and salad and my sister had macaroni cheese. Afterwards she had apple and cinnamon pancakes and I had pancakes with chcolate sauce.

• Visited December 2013