“Wouldn't take Vicki pollard here!”
Review of Gladyer Inn

Gladyer Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dunfermline
Gladyer Inn
Ranked #13 of 26 Dunfermline B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 November 2011

Dirty little place, Full of homeless people placed there by the council, extremely arrogant staff, breakfast was disgusting, low quality pulp, thrown at you by a cook with poorer hygiene than most of the homeless residents. Walked into breakfast room and it stank of BO, All became apparent when the man mountain of a cook came through wringing with sweat dripping all over the plate. Phone doesn't work in the room, telly almost worked but made a terrible screeching noise constantly, bedding was not clean, and looked like it was very old and boogies stuck to the wall around the bed. Window didn't shut right. Previous management still work in the hotel and are obviously not happy. Note to new owner, invest in your rooms and remove all traces of previous management.

• Stayed: August 2011
4  Thank Mcfairness

Reviewed 27 June 2011

Reception staff rude and abrupt - When I arrived they had no record of my booking and when I checked out the following day it seemed to be my fault that their computer system had been down for 3 days and the credit card machine also did not work. Our room was awful, small, one stained armchair, the bed looked like someone alse had slept in it before us, what lights that worked were dim, no mirror except in the bathroom which was truly horrible and so dark it was of no use. Television did not work, carpets filthy and the view from our room was of several bins and overflowed rubbish which was strewn all over the multitude of weeds. The breakfast room was like a bad truck stop and we were glad to leave the place. My advfice to anybody with any standards is do not stay at this Hotel

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Douglas M
Reviewed 11 June 2011

Didn't enjoy the visit. Staff not rude(apart from one), but not very attentive! The place looks fine from the outside (at the front anyway), but the room was terrible. Very very basic. Ensuite light not working correctly, tv picture fuzzy and no cupboard (see pictures).

Breakfast was OK. When the orange juice ran out, I asked one of the two girls in the kitchen if I could get some more, which she did without a problem. 10 minutes later, after finishing my breakfast, I took my plate over to the kitchen so that I could ask what time check out was. As I approached the door the second girl (obviously thinking the door was soundproof) said 'god, what does he want now'... Top tip love, if guests questions annoy you, it's time to get out of the hospitality business!!!

I have stayed at the nearby Backmarch House, Cochranes Hotel and Queensferry hotel... Gladyer Inn, you are firmly in bottom place!!!!

Room Tip: To get a good room try another hotel...
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank ScottG74
Reviewed 29 April 2009

I travel from Birmingham around 4 times each year for business meetings in Edinburgh. Having previously stayed at his hotel twice previously in early January and February, the rooms then were below average. Upon my last visit this April, the rooms have had a very nice makeover - new carpets, fittings, beds, furniture etc and feels very moden and fresh. Each day of my stay, the tea/coffee, biscuits were topped up and kept looking plentiful.

The owner, Brian is very attentive and welcoming and is useful for local information. The hotel has free WIFI in the reception area which was quite handy for checking e-mails and quick browsing.

One night I decided to try the onsite restaurant/bar - there is a seperate 'public bar' with the usual local suspects - but friendly none the less. You can gain access to the 'Lounge Bar' from the reception area - the menu is very welcoming with a nice design. Food consists of Prawn Cocktails, Steak Pie, Chicken dishes, Pasta and a multitude of deserts all at very attractive prices. The steak with peppersauce was extremely tasty.

Overall, the staff are attentive - especially reception. A vast improvement on the previous months - be sure to ask for the rooms that have been re-done (there's two floors). This hotel is within easy reach of local amenties - local stores near by include a newsagents, hairdressers, takeaways and a bingo hall.

Rosyth station is 5 minutes away by local taxi (reception are able to book for you) and will cost you about £2 which allows easy access to Edinburgh/Glasgow/Dundee by train.

Like's Best:
Freindly staff
On-site restaurant
Location for trains to Edinburgh
Clean & Fresh accomodation

Don't Like:
I've always been a fan of this handy hotel - I'm having trouble thinking of a negative. All in-all it's pretty cheap, great food, nice location and clean rooms.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank BusyBusinessChap
Reviewed 11 October 2008

We booked into stay at the hotel as we were attending a function there on the sat nite,
As you walk into the reception the whole place stank of cigarette smoke not very pleasant, we had arrived early so we left our suitcases which we where told would be put in our room, upon return at 18.00 suitcases were still in same spot we had put them. We went to our room which upon opening the door smelt of staleness and very unclean, upon further examination the bed linen(if you can call it that) looked like it never been washed and certainly never seen a iron was full of black marks and cigarette burns, the tv had about 6inches of dust on top on it. all the wallpaper was ripped on the walls there was a trouser press which was stood on 1 leg the wardrobe doors were in the back of the wardrobe which had been smashed off, the light fitting in the room had also been smashed. I went to reception to ask for another room only to be told there was none and that was all they had, I asked for contact details off other hotels in the area wasnt very forecoming, We ended up checking out and staying elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business