“Great Food”

Price range: US$6 - US$21
Cuisines: International, British
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Wood Mill Restaurant serves home cooked family fare, simple fresh food with choices for everyone, whether you are a steak lover, a vegetarian or require gluten free we have something for you, in fact we have our own gluten free menu.
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I went with a party on Sunday. We ordered a variety of dishes and each person raved about the food. I have been before and the food is always good so would have no trouble recommending to anyone. This is not part of a chain but a family run restaurant And it shows. Well done to the chefs and staff.

WoodmillRestaurant, Owner at Wood Mill Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Thank you for your review and glad that you like our food and keep returning, I think I remember the party and I think it was your group who stayed well into the evening and enjoyed our lounge after your meal.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

First time at this restaurant, not sure what to make of it. From the outside looks like a Working Men's Club, inside still had that feel to it, perhaps it was the decor? Food was average, although good value for Senior Citizens, I felt prices were a little high. £8.99 for a Chicken & Bacon Salad, the chicken & bacon not even warmed up, then to ask for £2.49 for chips to go with it. At this price I would have expected a side dish to be included? Service was OK, the staff efficient and didn't have to wait long. Ordered cheesecake dessert which I enjoyed more than the main course. Wouldn't rush back, there are other good restaurants in the area that are similarly priced but are better value for money.

1  Thank wysedog

I think your description of a "Working Men's Club" is a bit harsh, we are a down to earth family orientated restaurant and we do not pretend to be The Ritz.
Most of our customers would complain if they got hot chicken on a salad, also to serve chips with a salad somewhat defeats the purpose, our customers tend to order salads to eat healthily and keep away from fried food. Glad you liked the staff and the service and you are right about the cheese cake, most customers love it.
Sorry we could not hit the spot for you, we can only try to please as many people as possible but to please everyone is impossible, we are just not for you.

Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Good prices and a nice range of food to choose from. Staff were friendly and attentive. Food very wholesome and I would go again for drinks and food

Thank you for your review and glad you liked our wholesome food, that is exactly what we set out to provide, good down to earth fresh food.

Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

A few weeks ago my daughter and i were looking for subway, didnt find it but we did find the wood mill. Took my hubby there yesterday for a bar lunch and thouroughly enjoyed it again. Nachos were sooo good and macaroni was lovely and piping hot!!Huge place, decor quite plain but nice, wasnt overly busy. Service was first class and friendly. Definitely be back again

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Visited last week, excellent food and service, we both had burgers, cooked to perfection and served with nice fat chips. Service was excellent and the coffee was great. Will become a regular now.