“Making a splash”
Review of Ciao Italia

Ciao Italia
Ranked #13 of 189 Restaurants in Dunfermline
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Ciao Italia, Dunfermline's newest Italian restaurant.For every occasion from a business lunch or dinner,romantic meal for two,parties or just a day out with freinds and family,Ciao Italia does it all in a fun,modern and relaxed atmosphere.we,the managment and staff,hope you enjoy you visit and welcome any comments,questions or suggestions you may have........BUON APPETITO!
Reviewed 16 April 2011

Ciao Italia is making a name for itself despite only opening recently, so an overdue visit was required! If there’s one thing Dunfermline doesn’t lack its Italian restaurants, with several spread across the town centre and the national chains occupying the outer areas. All credit to the Ciao Italia team for attempting to do justice to Italian cuisine, when locals have become tired of run-down and uninspiring Italian fare.

The choice of location is interesting, just outside the town centre on a busy road. Thankfully car parking is available behind the restaurant and is a must. The outside isn’t that inspiring and we were surprised that there we no menus available to browse before entering. It’s worth plucking up the courage to enter, as the interior is modern and the use of skylights enhances the fresh, clean design within.

The menu is well judged and contains a range of dishes including steaks, veal and plenty of seafood options, the only minor criticism would be the lack of salad mains. Specials are available and seem based on seasonal offerings or (hopefully) local produce such as scallops and asparagus. For starters we went for the asparagus which was served simply with parmesan, pepper and lemon. A touch of balsamic vinegar rounded off an enjoyable starter. The other choice was the traditional bruschetta with diced tomato, fresh basil olive oil and oregano. Actually ‘fresh’ is something we could use to describe Ciao Italia as the food consistently tasted of this, and the use of herbs was excellent. Three bruschetta’s in one starter is unusual, as we’re more used to two or even one from some restaurants. All the dishes we ordered were generous helpings and considering the prices on the menu, excellent value this trend applied to the drink prices as well.

For the mains the Alla’ Amatriciana was well balanced and fresh, while the risotto ciao Italia with the use of Norcia sausage an interesting choice. This gave the dish for want of a better word an ‘aniseed’ undercurrent and went down a treat. A first for me and compared to the risotto I experienced at Giulianos in Edinburgh, night and day. Rounding off the Italian touches are the Italian wines, beer and water. The staff are very friendly, attentive and when we had a slight request they organised this for us.

There’s plenty more to discover on the menu, so we’ll certainly be back and judging from how busy Ciao Italia was getting when we left, many locals are also enjoying this new arrival. While I may have one or two minor criticisms, these overall pale into comparison with the experience we had.

2  Thank Smallbrownbike
There are newer reviews for Ciao Italia

Reviewed 22 March 2011

Having been spoiled for many years with a range of good Italian food, both in Edinburgh and Italy, my recent visit to this new venture was superb. Food ( I had risotto di mare), service and value were outstanding.

Reviewed 17 March 2011

My husband and I, along with our 5 and half month old daughter tried out this new Italian restaurant a couple of weekends ago and the whole experience was AMAZING. My husband had Fillet Steak from the specials menu which came with the tastiest mushroom sauce you've ever had. He said it's up there with, if not THE best steak he's ever had. I had pizza, which was so gorgeous with all the ingredients so fresh and tasty topped off with a nice bottle of Pinot Grigio, it's worth noting that the wine list is really reasonable which I think is admirable as many restaurants really can take the micky with this. From the lovely staff who are attentive without being over bearing, to the atmosphere and ambience inside, to the amazing food, you really get the feeling that this restaurant wants you to have a perfect night out, they seem to care about their customers. I really can't fault anything about this restaurant and am booking in the next few days to take my parents for a birthday meal. oh yes, make sure you book by the way, every table was taken the Friday we went and I had tried to get a table the week previous but they were too busy. Keep up the good work, I have a feeling I'm going to become a regular here.

Reviewed 3 March 2011

Very attentive friendly staff in modern stylish surroundings. Plenty of choice from the menu , I chose Risotto Ciao Italia which was delicious, others in the party enjoyed pizza and pasta dishes. Prices were reasonable and we will certainly be back.

Reviewed 2 March 2011

Beatiful restaurant, modern, relaxing and spacious. Huge menu, good service. The food was fantastic, taking advantage of their daily specials menu which had a mixture of meat, seafood and some vegetarian options. they also cater for people with gluten allergies which was nice to see. So overall an excellent dining experience not to be missed.