“We love this place...”
Review of Ciao Italia

Ciao Italia
Ranked #13 of 208 Restaurants in Dunfermline
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Ciao Italia, Dunfermline's newest Italian restaurant.For every occasion from a business lunch or dinner,romantic meal for two,parties or just a day out with freinds and family,Ciao Italia does it all in a fun,modern and relaxed atmosphere.we,the managment and staff,hope you enjoy you visit and welcome any comments,questions or suggestions you may have........BUON APPETITO!
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We probably visit this restaurant at least twice a month because the food is fantastic, our kids love it and its great value for money.

The only slight criticism recently would be the slightly slow service which we didn't notice before.. but trust me the food more than makes up for it.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

This was my first visit to this Italian restaurant and it won,t be the last!
Italian cuisine is a particular favorite of my friend and I and we were not disappointed with the fare on offer at this restaurant.
The interior decor is very modern,clean and minimal,and what you see of the kitchen,very impressive indeed.
Busy Saturday night,greeted by the manager Mario and promptly shown to reserved table.
Staff were attentive but not intrusive and menu had plenty options on it.
We opted for a pasta dish and a chicken dish,both of which were of ample portion size,couple that with a bottle of house red and it was devine.
Finished off the evening with a couple of Vecchia Romagna , the bill came to 50 pounds which is reasonable for what we had.
We will be back.
Grazie Mille Ciao Italia.

Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

First time in this establishment.
I have read a lot of reviews and cannot understand the poor ones.
The service from the minute you enter the establishment was first class, very attentive although they were busy.
Am extensive menu but not to difficult to choose from. All the ingredients were fresh and the food was well seasoned and the portion sizes were ample, you certainly know you've eaten but not left feeling bloated.
Dinner for 2 with drinks around £70 a fair price I feel.
Would visit again, recommended.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Visited this restaurant as part of a group of six to celebrate my mother's birthday. My previous experiences with the restaurant had been good and so my expectations were high. We went on a Tuesday evening when it wasn't particularly busy.
We ordered starters and waited..and waited... and waited. Other people who arrived after us were being served before us. After almost an hour had elapsed, my brother asked the waiter if there was a problem with our starters. He returned to advise us that the order had not been put through.
None of the waiting staff appeared to have picked up on the fact that the biggest table in the room had sat for such a length of time which is hard to understand since the place was less than half full. To be fair, we were offered a free drink each while the starters were prepared (which took about ten minutes!).
My meal was fine. The porcini ripieni came in a tasty sauce which could have used a bit of bread to mop it up. The shrimp thermidor was tasty although I would question whether it was worth about fifteen pound.
My wife had a Caprese salad that came with exactly one basil leaf plus some green leaves that don't belong in the dish. I can only assume that they had run out of basil, but hadn't told her . She found the mozarella to be rubbery and the salad was generally tasteless. She also didn't particularly enjoy her Ciao Italia chicken, which was a bit tepid when it arrived.
Overall this was a big disappointment and I would mark it lower if it hadn't been for previous good experiences there.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

The staff where great ,could not have been more helpful, but I'm really upset basically about the first impressions and the starters. Bruschetta is not hard too make, a bit bread with tomatoe and a wilting rocket leaf on top is not hard and can be transformed into something nice by the use of seasoning & quality balsamic vinegar.. Unfortunately it looks like they get the balsamic next door from the chip shop, come on ciao italia pay the money and get some decent balsamic. I think the lack of basic seasoning was the theme throughout the whole meal.... Been hear 3 times as to give the benefit of the doubt, won't be back again. Seriously disappointed and upset. Wishy, washy house red wine, poor. As for the review, best Italian in Scotland, it's not even the best Italian in the Street.

1  Thank Catherine C