“reasonable food but with a bit of work could be great”

Grill 48 Bar & Grill
Ranked #36 of 183 Restaurants in Dunfermline
Price range: US$10 - US$51
Cuisines: British, Grill, Scottish
Good for: Groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The award winning Grill 48 Bar and Grill is situated on East Port in the heart of the historic town of Dunfermline, and is the ideal in town location for light lunch, pre theatre dining, drinks or relaxed evening meal with family and friends. Grill 48 prides itself on blending excellent, friendly service in a relaxed atmosphere using the best locally sourced ingredients to produce a variety of traditional and seasonal dishes all the family will love. Specialities include 28 day matured denver steak, prime Scotch beef burgers and haggis nachos. Our new cocktail lounge provides over 20 signature cocktails for you to try. Combining drink flavours from around the world with a local twist. Grill 48 also offers exclusive private dining for birthday parties, weddings, anniversaries, leaving nights, Christmas parties, baby showers, hen and stag parties. With a variety of private dining and buffet options to suit you're every need. Menus available include • Lunch • Dinner • Pre Theatre • Gluten Free - Other allergies also catered for including dairy free • Children's Menu
Scotland
“reasonable food but with a bit of work could be great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2011

Visited a few weeks ago, midweek with hubby for dinner. Dunfermline desperately needs a nice everyday restaurant that has good home cooked food, rather than ready meals that the chains produce, so I had high hopes for this place. Starters were fine, decent amount and tasty. Mains let the meal down a wee bit. My steak was a bit overcooked to what I asked for but it was ok. Rustic chips were the right idea but not crispy enough. Hubby had a mixed grill but when it came there was no black pudding or haggis on it. Clearly they had put another piece of steak on the plate instead to make up for it, but no-one actually told us that. Main piece of steak was cooked as requested but extra piece wasn't. Pretty much felt like the second piece of steak had been cooked wrongly for someone else and added to his plate. What was there was very tasty so we didn't complain, but would rather the waitress had actually said they had run out of something and given extra steak instead, rather than hoping we wouldn't notice. Mind you she was obviously new and looked terrified so maybe she avoided saying anything. Had apple crumble for dessert which was to die for, highly recommend. All in all it was a decent meal especially starters and desserts, but a bit disappointed with the mains and the obvious omissions without being honest. The menu has good variety and if they can get the teething problems sorted it has great potential and we will give it another chance. Fingers crossed it can turn into the kind of place Dunfermline desperately needs.

1 Thank scotlandgirl88
Grill48, Owner at Grill 48 Bar & Grill, responded to this review, 11 July 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Grill 48. We appreciate and take on all your comments, as we are a new restuarant we are continually improving our service standards and menu. We look forward to seeing you again and reading your next review.

Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“very good lunch, I intend to go back.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2011

Very good, I'm going back on saturday to try the evening menu.

Grill48, Owner at Grill 48 Bar & Grill, responded to this review, 11 July 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Grill 48. Look forward to seeing you at the weekend.

“so worth it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2011

we visited for my son's birthday , on recomendation from a friend who had visited a few times . i was well warned that unless i was absolutely starving not to order the mixed grill as the portions ( like all the meals ) were HUGE !! . We opted for the pre theater menu , avail upto to 6.45pm ( 3 courses for £15 2 for £12 ) and were not disappointed . loads of choices including 2 soups and intrigingly "3 wee burgers" which some one at the next table ordered but i could not sneak a look without beiong rude and staring . Soup served in a huge bowl came with nice roll and butter. i had the fish wich was actually hanging over edge of plate and was piping hot in gorgeous crispy batter. Gammon steaks were served on a board ans all came with hand cut chips and veg / salad . delicious !!! Service could not be faulted Will we be back you bet organising " Girly night" for 8/7/11

Grill48, Owner at Grill 48 Bar & Grill, responded to this review, 11 July 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Grill 48. Your feedback is much appreciated and we are glad you enjoyed your meal. Look forward to seeing you at the weekend.

Kinross, United Kingdom
“Fabulous new restaurant, well worth a visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2011

Following a great lunch with my friends I would not hesitate to recommend a visit to this new restaurant in Dunfermline. The restaurant happily took on board that I was coeliac and talked me through the menu, I settled on their home made burger (without the bun!), which I asked for medium rare. My burger was perfect, we all enjoyed our lunch and I am looking forward to my next visit this evening with another set of friends that I want to introduce to this wee gem in Dunfermline. There was teething problems with our waitress but she was learning and we were more than happy to help her where we could.

Grill48, Owner at Grill 48 Bar & Grill, responded to this review, 6 July 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review Grill 48. We appreciate your comments and are glad that you enjoyed your meal. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the team as we always learn from all feedback.

Look forward to seeing you soon at Grill 48

Linn Williamson
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2011

I don't understand what these bad reports are saying, I've now been to Grill48 twice, once for lunch where i had the Club Chicken sandwich (huge and very tasty) and my friend had the soup and loved it. secondly i went with my partner and had a beef burger cooked to perfection and my partner had the mixed grill. we both thought the food was outstanding.

We came on Saturday night and the restaurant was full, we didnt have to wait too long on our meals and everything was the perfect temperature. This is just what Dunfermline needs. The prices were reasonable because the food is all fresh and good portion sizes.

The puddings are Fantastic, we had the sticky toffee pudding and millionaire crunch, both perfectly presented and tasted great!

will definitely be coming back. and telling others to as well. I think the people below just like a moan and don't appreciate good food.

we also found the waiting staff to be very friendly, if a bit shy, as it is a new restaurant they are figuring out their roles, so shyness is expected as they are still getting to know eachother and the restaurant.

absolutely amazing restaurant i recommend everyone goes!