“Good night out”

Price range: US$10 - US$51
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Scottish
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The award winning Grill 48 Bar and Grill is situated on East Port in the heart of the historic town of Dunfermline, and is the ideal in town location for light lunch, pre theatre dining, drinks or relaxed evening meal with family and friends. Grill 48 prides itself on blending excellent, friendly service in a relaxed atmosphere using the best locally sourced ingredients to produce a variety of traditional and seasonal dishes all the family will love. Specialities include 28 day matured denver steak, prime Scotch beef burgers and haggis nachos. Our new cocktail lounge provides over 20 signature cocktails for you to try. Combining drink flavours from around the world with a local twist. Grill 48 also offers exclusive private dining for birthday parties, weddings, anniversaries, leaving nights, Christmas parties, baby showers, hen and stag parties. With a variety of private dining and buffet options to suit you're every need. Menus available include • Lunch • Dinner • Pre Theatre • Gluten Free - Other allergies also catered for including dairy free • Children's Menu
London, United Kingdom
“Good night out”
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Our friends booked this restaurant when we were up in Dunfermline. We had a very good meal. I had a lovely steak and garlic mushrooms. Others had turkey. Very good selection on menu. Staff very attentive. Look forward to going back next time in Scotland.

• Visited December 2013
Grill48, Owner at Grill 48 Bar & Grill, responded to this review, 29 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a reveiw for Grill 48, we are very pleased that you enjoyed your experiance and we look forward to welcoming you all back again very soon.

Best Wishes

Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“Good food, good, friends, good time!”
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Introduced a couple of friends to the delicious food and great staff at Grill 48 for the first time.

• Visited December 2013
Thank you once again Criag for a great review.

Look forward to seeing you again soon

Best Wishes
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great for special occasion and Gluten Free haven!”
Reviewed 15 December 2013

My boyfriend took me here for my first birthday dinner since being diagnosed as having Coeliac Disease as it had been recommended as having a really good GF menu. I was absolutely delighted when we arrived to find this was the case. I had a whole menu of options that I could eat instead of maybe one or two things amended as I tend to find when eating out. The waiter was shy but friendly, attentive without being over-the-top and paid attention when I ordered from the Gluten Free menu (as some things were on both) to make sure it would be safe for me to eat. I was also please to see the detail of consideration that had been put it - the amazing looking haggis nachos did come with the warning that as they contained oats some Coeliacs would not be able to have them. It was clear that the chef/restaurant owner had done their research and I felt confident in trusting them to give me a safe meal. I had the fillet steak which was amazing. The only thing was you had to order any vegetables/chips separately - I'd prefer if maybe one or two choices were included in the price. We also went early which meant we had eaten most of our food before all the noisy works Christmas parties etc started to arrive. I don't know if they could arrange tables so that there is a more quiet, secluded place for couples as when the bigger tables surrounding us arrived they were drowning out our conversation.
It was an expensive meal but worth it for a special occasion. Looking forward to our next one!

• Visited December 2013
Grill48, Owner at Grill 48 Bar & Grill, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a lovely review for Grill 48 the time taken to do so is much appreciated.

We understand how important food allergies are to guests and we do try our upmost to ensure that everyone is catered for and we are very pleased that you have found this to be the case during your visit.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon

Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“Good food & good service but..........”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I was in a group having a meal on Saturday 7th December.
The food was very good - well presented and served to us at the same time - the service was good as well. We had the festive menu which had a reasonable choice of dishes to choose from.
However, there was a private party upstairs and the noise of the music was absolutely deafening. Overall it made it an unpleasant experience for us. I could only converse with the person sitting next to me and even then I had to raise my voice.
What could have been a great evening was pretty much wasted. Back at work today and the only thing we could say about it was the noise. What a shame.

• Visited December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Grill 48. We can only apologise for the level of noise from the private party, we were aware that they would have a band however we were not aware as to how loud they would be. We are extremely sorry that this impacted on the enjoyment of your evening and please be assured that this was the first time we have had a live band play at a function like this and we have decided that it will not be something we will be repeating in the future.

We are however pleased that you enjoyed the food and service here at Grill 48, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Grill 48
“Good potential, but could do better”
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Went in to Grill 48 on Saturday 16th November. Really nice décor, however was not too busy.
For starters shared some garlic bread, which was really tasty. Main course was a rib eye steak, and a fillet steak. Both were well cooked and good quality. Only complaint would be that mash potatoes/ veg / chips were all £3 per portion. Sweet was a chilli/ chocolate pudding, which was a bit too chilli for my taste. The merangue /ice cream was nice, however could have been a bit sweeter.
Service was good, and as they were looking at Christmas cocktails , was given a couple of free ones to see which was best. Both were very good.
Cost was approx. £77 pounds which was a touch on the high side for Dunfermline. That said would go back, due to décor and service.

• Visited November 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review for Grill 48, we are pleased that you enjoyed your meal and thank you for your assistance with our Christmas cocktails.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.