“Soup break :-)”

Price range: US$7 - US$35
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Seating on two levels and we first popped in for a coffee and sat on the lower floor in the window on the double sofa. Then after shopping we went back for a homemade pea and ham soup which was served with bread. Large portion and yummy flavour, we both eat it all up and just went for iced water.
The only problem was paying! Not table numbers and you pay as you leave so have to be able to describe where you sat! It was frustrating for the staff but also for us. Even if they gave you a number when you order at least you can tally up with the till.

There are newer reviews for Reubens Wine Store And Bistro

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Went today for lunch. Service was incredibly poor, food nice but not exceptional. After eating our lunch it took more than 20 minutes for a waitress to clear our table. We then had to ask to order coffee and cakes. 20 minutes later we were told that our choice of cake was not available. When we asked why it had taken so long to tell us we were met with a shrug of the waitress's shoulders and a 'we're busy today' comment. Not impressed.

5  Thank Paulob5977
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I took my ten week old for a quiet lunch and was pleasantly surprised. While it's not the most baby friendly (no changing facilities) and I def wouldn't take my toddler, the staff were great and really accommodating . The girl showed me to a cloakroom area with a seat I used to change his nappy on and they went out of their way to make me feel comfortable to breastfeed while lunching. The special hullomi and roasted veg wrap was yummy. Coffee was great and I am,currently tucking into the most enormous slice of delicious takeaway carrot cake. I'll be back soon!

1  Thank Dhickie
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I have visited Reubens on many occasions for lunch or coffee with friends or family. Yes it is a bit more expensive but they present the food well and the ambiance is great for Dunfermline. On a couple of occasions we noticed that the sandwiches were turned up at the corners and not for any aerodynamic reason. Being Scottish we did not complain because previous occasions have been enjoyable.
My partner and I dropped in one morning about 11am and we chose to have coffee and scones with Jam. When it arrived the scones had been warmed - we did not question this but hey we tried it. It was so stale it was inedible and had been microwaved. I took it to the counter and told them it was inedible and they said sorry we won't charge you - Great !! This was deliberately ( cuisine fraud ) trying to get rid of stale scones on a regular customer - how stupid. I don't think for one minute this was unique so shame on you Reubens. I have not been back since which is a shame since I thought Dunfermline now had somewhere nice to have a coffee or lunch.

3  Thank Bon1953
Reviewed 21 February 2014

A friend and myself stopped here for lunch. The menu is VERY limited and everything roughly costs the same £6.95 including the sandwiches, that's what we opted for as nothing else appealed to us. Now for such an expensive sandwich I was expecting something really special!..it was rubbish, standard white bread and very little filling, it came with a few crisps and the tiniest portion of bland potato salad. We were not impressed as we know Gregg's the bakers do really great sandwiches with much more filling far cheaper. A real rip off.

I read the reviews beforehand and thought the good far out way the bad, which is why we tried it. I'm sad to say I really can understand the more negative reviews now and I won't be back here. The coffee however was nice but the lemon drizzle cake a bit stale. A very expensive lunch for very little food.

Also, the music was very loud and we found it hard to concentrate on conversation.

3  Thank GWLL-77