Balmule House
Pitbauchlie House Hotel(Dunfermline)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$90
Holiday Inn Express Dunfermline(Dunfermline)(Great Value!)
US$88
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Dunfermline(Dunfermline)(Great Value!)
US$66
Travelodge
The Guildhall & Linen Exchange Hotel(Dunfermline)(Great Value!)
US$53
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmaster suiteyellow roomdrawing roomwalled gardensmall kitchenbeautiful housepre weddingcountry retreatlovely countrysidewedding venuebig housean excellent hostbreakfast each morningwonderful weddinghigh standardlook forward to a return visitlike clockwork
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Booked only for 1 night due to work commitments but wish it had been longer- definitely coming back next year.
The owner couldn't have done enough- giving us a choice of two rooms and accommodating our early breakfast need! I'd recommend it to friends and family.
Many thanks for a lovely stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2013

It says a lot to me as a business and pleasure traveller when I see some posters have stayed at a property multiple times.

The Balmule House is in the same league as very few places I've ever stayed -- it is THE place I stay when in the area. Period, every time!

We had a fantastic 2 day break, blissful sleep, and the recommended Indian restaurant in Dunfermline was out of this world.

The staff are very welcoming and accommodating, the bathrooms immense and very comfortable, and the owners make you feel like family.

Room Tip: They're all very good rooms -- never a bad room at Balmule House!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2013

This is a top quality B&B in a lovely setting. The room was very comfortable and there was a very nice lounge room for the use of guests. Best of all, a small kitchen and TV room where you can cook your own meals. I have a couple of provisos though. First of all, realise that this property is in the country side so if you want to cook, bring your food with you. If you wish to eat out, then that will require a car trip. Secondly, if you have trouble with stairs, then this is not the place for you. Our room was at the top of two high stair cases. But it was worth the climb!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linda F
Reviewed 27 July 2013

My girlfriend said that if she ever found a guy who wanted to be married, this is the perfect place for him to propose. Lovely decor, beautiful setting. The best old fashioned, helpful service that is rarely to be found any more. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank WanderingGirling
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I stayed here whilst on business and will definitely return as a tourist. Beautiful location, fabulous house, the house is beautifully decorated and the rooms all have individual themes. I felt like a was a guest in a home rather than a B&B and I couldn't have felt more welcome. I really didn't want to leave at the end of my stay. Can't wait to go back!!!

• Stayed: July 2013