“Fantastic service and great food!”

Limekilns Hotel and Bistro
Ranked #29 of 206 Restaurants in Dunfermline
Price range: US$5 - US$32
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Went along to try something new, and the service was really personal with some nice chat with the owner. Probably the difference between chain/franchise and a private restaurant.

Food was really nice, house red was lovely, atmosphere was great and price was not too bad either! :)

All in all very good - we'll be going back with others next time!

Reviewed 14 August 2013

Phoned up and booked a room for one night at an agreed price, my plans then changed so I booked the room for a further 3 nights at the same price. The next morning the owner stated that the room was charged at the wrong rate and that he would honour the price for the night I had stayed but would require a further 40% increase on the remaining days, was nearly going to pay but his take it or leave it attitude and the fact that they did not have the decency to knock or leave a note annoyed me greatly. I was then late for a meeting as I had to pack my room. Very annoying.

1  Thank Mart137
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Stopped here for 3 nights, Wow..... Superb room with amazing view of marina. All the facilities that youd want at a great price. The food in the restaurant was absolutely stunning, great menu and super staff

Reviewed 28 July 2013

We have eaten here before and the food is very good. I man who welcomed us and served us our drinks could offer a bit more customer service. However the waiting staff were very pleasant. Wine was not chilled and a table ordered ice to put in there wine (not good). Scenery was lovely.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

Stayed here on day 1 of walking the Fife Coastal Path. Had a room at the top of the house with fantastic views. Ate a meal at night int the Bistro which was excellent. Loved the puddings - sticky toffee and caramel shortcake sundae - yum! Short on staff at the time but staff coped very well and were very friendly. Breakfast next morning was made fresh and was plentiful to help us on our way the next day. Will definitely visit again.