“Poor Value but quite nice food”

Chiquito - Dunfermline
Ranked #90 of 183 Restaurants in Dunfermline
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Fife
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor Value but quite nice food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2011

When we went the place was very quiet and we were served fairly quickly. however we were left on our own after that so ordering extra drinks was a problem.

the food was fine and looked and tasted interesting but the prices, for what was served, seemed a bit steep. It also seems to be a standardised, USA view of what Mexican food should be like. I would have ,liked to see a bit more variety.

• Visited July 2011

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Terrible food, awful service and totally not worth the money”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2011

Visited here recently with my husband for our wedding anniversary, and left feeling utterly disappointed. The restaurant was reasonably busy, but there seemed to be a good few members of staff on duty, so we were baffled as to the really poor level of service that we received.

It took an age to get someone to take our drinks order, then when our food order was taken, the waiter seemed completely distracted, and looked as though he wished he were somewhere else. We ordered a starter and a main each, and to be fair, the started arrived pretty promptly, but the quality was pretty poor. I ordered the stuffed potato skins which tasted as though they'd literally just been taken from the freezer, and microwaved for 1 minute.

The main courses were a disaster. We waited for approx. 30 minutes between the starter plates being lifted, and the mains arriving. The restaurant by now had significantly quietened down, so I had no idea as to what was causing the delay, although on hindsight, I think that our order had been forgotten about, and left under the heat lamps. I ordered the chimichangas, which were utterly inedible. I've had chimichanga before, but never like this. The tortilla was rock hard, and I found it nearly impossible to cut through them. I ended up having to scoop out what I could with my fork.

My husband ordered the chicken fajitas, and was equally disappointed. There was no where near enough ingredients to make up four fajitas (it's served on a sizzler, and you build your own) I ended up leaving most of my main course, as it was so bad!

We decided to cut our losses, and bail as soon as we could - no desserts for us, thanks. However, it took about 25 minutes of unsuccessful eye contact to get someone to bring the bill. We eventually were forced to go over to the till point, where the two waitresses who were standing there ignored us. My husband had to ask for the bill, and then had to wait on a manager coming over to sort the till point out. At times through our 'dinner', the music in the restaurant went from cheery mexican, to club music which was way too loud, and made conversation really difficult!

Chiquito's in Dunfermline is an absolute shambles. The food is awful, the service is very poor with no attention given to the customer (most of the staff seemed more occupied with talking amongst themselves!) We literally had 2 courses each, and two non-alcoholic drinks each, and the bill was £36.00, which wouldn't have been bad had the food been worth it.

Needless to say, we felt ripped off, and won't be back again!

• Visited June 2011