“saturday night meal”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Booked a table for two for Saturday night.
Arrived and was seated in plenty of time.
Service was very good and we never had to chase up any member of staff for drinks, meals or bill at end of meal
Food was very good and of high quality.
This is a decent pub meal and I can't rate it highly enough

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Starter: cullen skink with oatcakes
Verdict: sloppy with luttle amount of fish and bread instead of oatcakes
Starter: home made pate with toast
Verdict: tasted store bought and came with oatcakes.
Main: roast of the day (chicken) with all the trimmings.
Verdict: roast tatties burnt, yorkshire pudding was rank, chicken didnt look like roast chicken. Was actually brrast cut in two big chunks woth runny gravy.
Main Rib eye with pan gried onions, mushrooms, veg and chips.
Verdict: steak cooked well and tasty. Onion rings instead of pan fried onions, veg and chips ok.
Pudding: banofee mess
Verdict: sickly and stodgy.

Service: wrong items served, after main I was asked if every thing was ok? I gave feedback as above minus pudding as I hadnt eaten it yet. I was told I should have said earlier.

Chef came out and said breast of chicken was better than roast chicken. Clearly a difference of opinions. He then admitted they ran out of carving chicken. Why I wasnt simply asked to chose an alternative is beyond me.

Chef then sarcastically said do you want roast chicken now? Well no thanks id rather have my dessert.

Price. Slightly above expectations.

Overall: looked promising as a traditional pub restaurant. Decent decor and busy enough.

Really not great food though.

Wont be back in a hurry.

3  Thank agrc
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

We regularly visit the glen tavern. The staff are fantastic the food is brilliant and to top it all off its value for money.

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Great meal at The Glen Tavern. Hadn't been there for years. However were out in the car and stopped for Sunday dinner. Staff very pleasant and service faultless. Food lovely and a good plateful. Would definitely go back and will recommend to family and friends. Starter and Main for £7.95.

Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Visited the Glen Tavern a few weeks ago. Food was reasonable and was encouraged to purchase a loyalty card (£2) which offered a number of benefits including 50% off on Saturdays. So my wife and myself went for a lunch this Saturday to use the benefits of my loyalty card. We ordered the items marked as as 50% off and enjoyed our meal.

When we went to pay we found out that 50% Saturday discount was discontinued, although the staff were unsure when this change had been made, but could get 10% off. I now know why the place was empty except staff, who were very good.

Won't be back.