“Great Bar Lunch”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My wife and I visited today for a bar lunch. My wife had haddock and chips. I had steak pie and chips. Could not fault the food, price and standard of service. The ladies serving our table were polite, helpful and efficient. Will return soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I’m totally mortified by the way I was treated in here tonight by the owner of the glen tavern graham. I did not enjoy my meal so didn’t eat any of it I waited until my partner had finished his and went up and said something to the young girls as I didn’t want to embarrass the chief by having to make me some more as the girl said no problem will take it off the bill next minute this man come over and completely embarrasst me by saying why didn’t you say something everyone could here this confersation going on as he kept it going my partner actually had to say something to him about how unprofessional he was being he then said if you had said something we would have SCRAPED the sauce off not we would have gave you a new one!!! This to me is horrible he’s horrible much more went on to much to write. But I for sure will not be back.

1  Thank snoopychic
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Lovely pub in Pittencrieff Street, friendly staff and good food at reasonable prices and dogs are welcome in lounge bar.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was our second visit to this eateries Highly recommended. Good menue with plenty choice. Staff were very plesant.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I have visited the Glen tavern pretty regular over the last year and I rave about it to my work colleagues but tomorrow I will be raving for all the wrong reasons. I know you have to make a profit but how can you justify charging me £1.50 for a tiny bit of extra gravy with my meal tonight. It's absolutely disgusting to say the least. I couldn't believe it when I checked my receipt just now. They might have charged me before but I don't think so as I do check my receipts but there's one thing for sure they won't be charging me again. The extra gravy was about 5 tablespoons in a little dish. Shocking. So if you want my custom again I would recommend you refund me the £1.50 the next time I am in. I was going to come up next wk with a colleague from work but will wait and see. The food is good but don't try ripping people off and that's what you have done. Really poor.