“Could not reccomend”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Portsmouth UK
“Could not reccomend”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed at the Premier Inn next door on Friday 23rd May and booked a table for three. We walked across at 7:30pm and ordered a drink then stood at the sign that states ‘Wait to be Seated’. We waited but nobody came so we decided to find a table ourselves, this was quite a task as a lot of the tables were not cleaned down properly but we eventually found one that had reserved on it and thought this will do. After a while, and not really understanding what was going on, we spotted a member of staff and asked what the procedure for ordering was and she said order at the bar. So we went to the bar and I wanted a T-Bone steak and the wife wanted a sirloin but she wanted it very rare or blue, the member of staff said no problem and went off but returned straight away to inform us that T-Bone steaks had all gone so I ordered the same as my wife but medium rare. We bought more drinks and sat down and waited and waited then our meals turned up and what a disappointment. My wife’s steak was nearly well done and so was mine, she sent hers back and then it was brought back but only medium rare and very sinewy, it was a complete waste of time they would never get it right. It was very poor quality and quantity to start with and the price did not match. We will not be returning here to eat, even though the Premier Inn was excellent.

1 Thank yampy

Newcastleton, United Kingdom
“Brewers Fayre”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

After a nearby game of Mini-Golf with friends, my friends and I decided to eat here. Like the last Premier Inn-associated restaurant I ate at, it took quite a while to be seated, and it always appeared that they were short-staffed, as you rarely seen an employee going about. But aside from that, everything was great. The food was reasonably priced and delicious, the staff are very friendly, and we all enjoyed being there. Would recommend it if you are in the area.

Inverkeithing, United Kingdom
“Avoid”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I ordered the 1/2 roast chicken and did not even get on my plate what was mentioned in the description. The chicken was so dry and totally tasteless. My husband got the mixed grill with half the things on the plate being overcooked or totally burned. When I complained, the waitress said she would go get a manager, 15 minutes later she herself returned to say we would get a full refund. I think it was terrible that the manager could not even be bothered to speak to us.

Kelty, United Kingdom
“avoid this place”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

this restaurant has really let their standards slip.
the staff on duty totally ignored my wife and myself standing at entrance where sign says wait here until we seat you.
eventually we just walked in and chose our own table.
staff were going around with sour faces and the atmosphere was like we couldn't give a damn if you were here or not.
the food was at least 20minutes coming out and was way off even average standards.
the sausages were way overcooked , peas cold and the mashed potatoes a blob on bottom of plate with the burnt sausages dumped on top.
I complained immediately to the waiter but he pointed to his badge saying he was new and in training and then walked away.
will certainly not be rushing back until I hear this place has got their staff in check and the food is edible.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“busy breakfast”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We had stayed at a travelodge nearby which did not do breakfast so we chose here. We were charged £8.75 for a buffet breakfast but there was not much on offer as it was busy and items got snapped up quickly, then they would bring out 4 eggs, a few bits of bacon etc and the hungry people would just grab them. Then when you got a few items on your plate, we had to que for coffee and then find no cups, after 5 mins cups appear then we run out of milk, finally after 10 minutes, i sat down and ate my now cold breakfast, the whole experience was terrible

Visited May 2014