“Afternoon high tea :-) . Separate high tea area -lovely.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dobbies
Ranked #130 of 180 Restaurants in Dunfermline
Cuisines: Cafe, British, Scottish
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Wheelchair Accessible
Kirkcaldy, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Afternoon high tea :-) . Separate high tea area -lovely.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Busy afternoon in dobbies but staff were attentive, young girls worked so hard ensuring everything was properly set out, to your taste etc, couldn't fault :-)

Choice of 4 sandwich filling: salmon, cucumber, egg mayo, ham <. All good quality, sufficient amount
Choice of mini cream cakes too many to mention but 2 per person, fresh delicious.
Scones butter jam ( in cute wee pots) again fresh delicious
Choice tea/ coffee in pots
£5. Per head so def can't fault it :-)

• Visited July 2014
4 Thank Angela T

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“slowest service ever”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

would have liked to have done a review of the food but we were stack in a queue that didn't move once in the 15 minutes we stood on a sunday morning, is there a lot of lazy people in dunfermline who all want to eat at dobbies, i wouldn't think so, we were staying overnight at a place that didn't do breakfast so we had no choice but to eat out, it looked like there were 2 young girls serving and it was chaos, why other people didn't leave the queue besides us i will never know, its a place to be avoided on a sunday morning

Visited June 2014
Aberdeenshire
“AS OTHERS HAVE DONE - THIS IS ABOUT DOBBIES, DALGETY BAY”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

We have a marvellous Dobbies in Aberdeen, so when we stopped off at Dalgety Bay we thought it would be as good - big mistake.

The cafe was really messy, and rather dirty actually at the server and into the kitchen which we could see behind the counter. We waited for almost 15 minutes for two cups of tea and extremely expensive cakes we'd selected. A young chap on the till was painfully slow making coffees and taking the money, and then just as we were about to be served next, a gentleman came back to the counter with two cappuccinos he said were stone cold.

All the while this poor slow guy at the till was trying to cope, three girls – one appearing to be the Manager - went in and out by him, to the kitchen cleaning, clearing, sweeping, etc, etc. Whatever happened to the customer comes first?

Despite me giving my drink vouchers for the two teas they were charged, and I had to ask for the amount to be taken off, which then saw one of the others help him out. He still managed to give me the wrong change, which he’d to correct. One of the pieces of cake - supposedly a lemon drizzle cake was rock hard....and had no lemon flavour

The toilets were not a patch on Dobbies plush ones in the Aberdeen store – formica cubicals you could see in to at the sides, and it was my second toilet of the day to have NO toilet roll. Not good enough.

Shopping? I wanted to find out the price of a storage bucket for bird food, and that was a mammoth task. Eventually after much searching I found an assistant who was sweeping and asked her. She was reluctant to stop her duties, then started walking off towards the till with me behind her, only to discover that was her leaving her brush in a safe place as she said it would give “a bad impression” to leave it by the houseplants where she’d been working. Then we both had to walk the length of the store again to where the bucket was. While there she felt the need to do a bit of ‘housekeeping’ and place a price tag for something totally unrelated to my query on the right item after much checking of details. Then I had to walk with her all the way to the check out again for the item I was querying to be scanned. As it was about 3 times the price I wanted to pay – Dobbies do know how to charge - I decided against it, and had to make my way right to the back of the store yet again to put it back. For someone who was anxious to not make a bad impression by leaving a sweeping brush unattended for a minute or two, she ironically didn’t make a great impression at all.

Will give this branch a wide berth should we ever be passing again.

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“Oh dear!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We thought that it would be a bit of a treat to have a Sunday morning breakfast at Dobbies on a nice bright summer's morning. We could have a nice breakfast and then shop for some plants. Oh dear.... not the relaxed enjoyable treat we were looking for! The queue for hot food was huge but we persevered. 15 mins later we got to the front of the queue only to find they "had no rolls left". 10.30 and they had no rolls. Funnily enough we passed their food shop on the way out and they had dozens of rolls! Still, if they can't get rolls from their own shop then maybe they could nip to Tesco (who own Dobbies) and is 5 mins away to get some. The toast we got in lieu of rolls was so hard it could have been used to tile the floor. The rest of the food was distinctly average and far from hot. There was no fresh orange in the chilled cabinet. The only positive is that the coffee was good. I am sure they do good plants too but by the time we'd endured the breakfast the moment had passed. My advice, if you want a nice breakfast to set you up for the day, is avoid Dobbies.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Colin C
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Lunch is not for busy people”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

I made a slight detour to my journey as I took a notion for Dalgety Bay Dobbies macaroni cheese with the most delicious roast potatoes but when I got there at 1325 there was no macaroni left. I was so disappointed and the other two options of steak pie and cajun chicken didn't appeal. The young man who served me was so nice and it made all the difference. Instead I opted for apple pie and custard and it was simply wonderful. So Dalgety Bay Dobbies, remember there are working people out there that are unable to squeeze lunch in before 1.30pm

• Visited June 2014