King Malcolm Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Pitbauchlie House Hotel(Dunfermline)(Great Value!)
US$96
Holiday Inn Express Dunfermline(Dunfermline)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$72
Garvock House Hotel(Dunfermline)
US$111
Davaar House Hotel and Restaurant(Dunfermline)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$86
Priceline
US$78
PremierInn.com
The Guildhall & Linen Exchange Hotel(Dunfermline)(Great Value!)
US$68
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Dunfermline(Dunfermline)(Great Value!)
US$57
Travelodge
All reviewsbit datedchristmas breakserved promptlyonly gripethe hotel staffenjoyed my stayforth road bridgeevening meal and breakfasthotel roommain coursetea and coffeegood nights sleepon arrivalbusiness tripno liftvisiting edinburghyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 June 2014

This hotel proved to be one of the nicest places we stayed during our trip up to Scotland. We stayed for four days. The staff could not have been more helpful if they tried and were very professional also. Yes, there were a couple of very minor points which could be improved upon, such as no lift, but if you're really infirm and cannot carry your suitcases yourself I have no doubt that there would be a member of staff on hand to carry them for you if you ask. They even got in some whole milk for me as I do not like semi skimmed!! My wife and I would definitely recommend this hotel. Well done to all the staff.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sid W
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I stayed here for four nights from the 16th of June. Having stayed in dozens of hotels world wide this isn't the worst one I have stayed in. There was a couple of minor issues but to be honest nothing of great note so not worth mentioning them.

As for previous comments saying the decor looks tired personally I think it's gives it a bit of character.

Staff could not have been better, the room is what you would expect from a 3 star, main thing was it was clean and the rooms were more than enough for what you would expect.
The company I work for ask me what I thought of hotels I stay in due to the travelling I do and I am always honest in my views.

Yes, it was a hot week but Mark at reception gave me a fan for the room and it was helpful.
AC in a Scottish hotel is not the norm as Scotland doesn't normally get 10 months of hot weather, I would say 10 days :)
I will be back next week and I was asked if I wanted to go to another hotel, simple answer, no, I will stay here on my next visit. If I had issues I would be staying elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Sean M
Reviewed 29 May 2014

this was one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in! There were no elevators and steep steps between places-hard to shlep suitcases to rooms. In our room the heater was on and couldnt be turned off. I HATE heaters and the window could not be opened-a very nice guy finally brought me a fan...which helped a little-would not recommend this place.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank rotem6
Reviewed 26 May 2014

This hotel was fine but for minimal expense I think it could be improved. When we went to breakfast on Saturday morning there was virtually no food left in the buffet and the remaining tea and coffee was cold. The young staff on duty were excellent and made sure we had fresh food and drinks made straight away. Full marks to them. The hotel is just a little tired and could use some TLC. Fairly priced and perfectly acceptable.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2014

There is nothing wrong with this hotel just really starting to look old and worn these days. breakfast is good staff friendly and polite rooms are clean. It is average as you will find better but can do a lot worse. It is simply the decor and the rooms looking tired!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business