“Decent breakfast, brunch and lunch”

Garvock House Hotel Dining
Ranked #15 of 195 Restaurants in Dunfermline
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The cuisine at Garvock House has won many admirers over the years and creates the perfect ambience for a leisurely lunch or intimate dinner for two. One of the finest dining establishments in West Fife with a reputation of good food and quality service in elegant, yet relaxed surroundings. Come and see for yourself, probably the best kept secret in West Fife. The dining rooms are overseen at all times by a highly dedicated and experienced team of staff. Our chefs are an enthusiastic and professional team ensuring that dining at Garvock House is an opportunity to enjoy the wonderful fresh local ingredients for which Scotland is so well known. All are cooked with great flair and imagination with local flavours shining through.
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Lovely setting near city centre in victorian garden grounds; often nip in for coffee or breakfast, decent service, old Victorian mansion house in antique garden grounds, nice views from the sahs windows and plenty light.

Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

My sister got married here in April this year it's such a lovely venue for a wedding and the food is to die for :) My dress was extremely fitted therefore had little room for much food however because of the amazing quality I just couldn't stop eating! The staff can't do enough for you and we're very attentive! The accommodation is of high standard too and the gardens are lovely :) I would recommend the Garvock to anyone who is looking for a lovely venue for any occasion :) And have the barmoral chicken :)

Reviewed 21 July 2013

I had attended with some friend for dinner and we were welcomed by two waiters who directed us to the dinning room. I ordered the fish dish with the salad and it was amazing clean and fresh. The cheese cake was amazing. The staff were so welcoming it was refreshing will definitely go back

Reviewed 15 July 2013

A lovely hotel staff excellent. Nice grounds . Have been to a wedding at hotel bar lunch and evening meal always first class. Have given vouchers for meal to friends . Highly recommend.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Lovely location, lovely grounds, great service. It looked like you could play lawn tennis on the grounds. We were seated in the bar for pre-dinner drinks and ordered from there. We were escorted into the dining area shortly after our order was entered; I had a lovely tomato/spice soup served piping hot and very tasty. Our mains were all well-received: I had the Sea Bream (wonderful), two had the chicken stuffed w/ haggis (they gushed over it) and one had the fish-n-chips which was very tasty (I got to try a bit!). For dessert, we enjoyed the chocolate parfait. VERY good wine list. A bit pricey for Dunfermline, but worth it all the way. Service was excellent and VERY attentive (except for the young waitress who blurted out "your credit card didn't go through!" when the connection failed; imagine the awkwardness in the dining area...sorry, ladies, I have to deduct a few points here). I really enjoyed the experience and am looking forward to returning. It is great for special occasions (like my birthday) so if you're looking for a really special evening, check this place out.