“Things can go wrong - it's the recovery that marks out quality”

Garvock House Hotel Dining
Ranked #17 of 183 Restaurants in Dunfermline
Cuisines: British, European, Scottish
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The cuisine at Garvock House has won many admirers over the years and creates the perfect ambience for a leisurely lunch or intimate dinner for two. One of the finest dining establishments in West Fife with a reputation of good food and quality service in elegant, yet relaxed surroundings. Come and see for yourself, probably the best kept secret in West Fife. The dining rooms are overseen at all times by a highly dedicated and experienced team of staff. Our chefs are an enthusiastic and professional team ensuring that dining at Garvock House is an opportunity to enjoy the wonderful fresh local ingredients for which Scotland is so well known. All are cooked with great flair and imagination with local flavours shining through.
Halifax, United Kingdom
“Things can go wrong - it's the recovery that marks out quality”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014

Things can go wrong in every hotel or restaurant! Four of us had dinner here on 23 August 2014; the hotel and restaurant were very busy and we had made our reservation quite late in the week. We reserved our table for 2015. Drinks on arrival were a bit slow as was taking our orders for food. I think we eventually were seated in the dining room around 2115 and didn’t finish our meal until 2245; just a starter and main. The food was good and the dining room was very pleasant coupled to the fact we had a good corner table. The thing that impressed me most was the hotel staff recognised there had been a delay; came to speak to us and apologised. They explained what had happened and I could then very easily understand the issues. They even offered us a free drink! I will be back up in Fife in September and will try it again then!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank LRMacKenzie
Pauline R, Public Relations Manager at Garvock House Hotel Dining, responded to this review, 8 September 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your visit to Garvock House Hotel. We're sorry that we were running late that evening and thank you for your understanding.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in September.

France
“Wonderful food in a lovely setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

This was a special meal for our silver wedding anniversary, in a party of 10, covering 3 generations. We first gathered in the bar, where the adults drank some very pleasant prosecco and the teenage members of the group had a variety of soft drinks, before moving into the restaurant. The size of the room meant that it didn't feel crowded, and a large round table meant that we could all chat easily to each other. The variety of food meant that there was something for everyone, and the house wine was very acceptable too. Service was just right - attentive and friendly without being cloying.

• Visited August 2014
Congratulations on your Silver Wedding Anniversary and thank you for celebrating with us at Garvock House.

We're so pleased that you all enjoyed your meal and hope that that we may see you again.
Woodstock, Canada
“Fine dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

The prices are rather high, but the service and food are excellent. A good place for that special dinner.

Visited July 2014
Pauline R, Public Relations Manager at Garvock House Hotel Dining, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We're really pleased that you enjoyed your meal and hope that you'll visit again.
prestwick
“consistently excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

for approximately the fifth year in a row, on our way back from the Pilochry theatre, my friends & I have had dinner in this hotel.The staff are amazing, venue beautiful & the food consistently excellent.............what more can I say- use your satnav & find this gem!!

• Visited July 2014
Pauline R, Public Relations Manager at Garvock House Hotel Dining, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you for your review and your continued custom. Look forward to welcoming you back again on your next trip to Pitlochry!
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“Not worth it”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

I made a late booking and took my wife and son here for dinner on a Saturday night. After having to park on the main road we made our way to the hotel. It looks great and was busy with a wedding. We were showed to the lounge and then asked by 4 different folk if we wanted a drink - not a bad thing. The only problem we had was understanding some of the staff. My starter of smoked haddock scotch egg was poor at best. I've had variations of this at many different places over the past few months and this was the poorest by far. It lacked quality and quantity. The other starters were uninspiring. Both me and my son had sirloin steaks - we got a whole tomato and 3 onion rings with ours. We shared a bowl of chips! It was only okay. The biggest disappointment was my wife's main course. She ordered sea bass and got mackerel. I had to complain and told that I was wrong. I was a mackerel fisherman for 5 years. My son eats it 3 times a week as part of a training program. I asked to see the manager twice got nowhere. I eventually spoke with someone prior to leaving who had no apologies and gave a solution of "writing in". I won't bother £120 later - I won't be back if I can help it! On a positive note the desert was excellent.

4 Thank big_scotsman
Pauline R, Public Relations Manager at Garvock House Hotel Dining, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we are always keen to hear from our customers.