“Outstanding”

Everest Inn
Ranked #1 of 193 Restaurants in Dunfermline
Cuisines: Indian, Nepalese
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We have achieved a reputation for excellent cuisine and fine dining. Our food is prepared with the finest fresh herbs, spices and fresh produce available. You can enjoy the very best of Indian and Nepalese cuisine prepared by individual chefs with a touch of the unexpected. The very best of the worlds wines await your arrival and traditional desserts to enhance your dinner. We are waiting to welcome you!
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Visited on saturday night it was really busy and food was so testy, all staff are friendly and outstanding service 5☆ for everything.

3  Thank jackey80

Reviewed 21 May 2014

We went here on the strength of this being the No 1 rated Indian in Dunfermline. I am surprised that it reaches this score.

The place is quite small, and has the feel of a cafe rather than a pleasant atmospheric restaurant. However I thought the service was very good, and I was quite happy with the food. I would say the food is better than average (it is not stodgy), but not at the top end of Indian food.

My only real criticism was that they only had one high chair. They advised that the table on it was broken before we got it, but the straps were stained. My tip to this restaurant would be to invest in a few decent high chairs - there must be other customers that will need a high chair.

It was noticeable that the place was busy with takeaway orders, which is a good sign.

1  Thank Alan P
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Had a great night with friends, food was amazing really enjoyed it. Service was impeccable, we were made very welcome and looked after all night. This was my second visit and again no disappointment.

2  Thank JEAN T
Jamil U, Manager at Everest Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Thank you very much for your review, we work hard everyday to make sure Everest Inn is the best it can be! See you again soon.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

I have eaten in Everest Inn several times and also had takeaway meals. My family have always enjoyed the food. I decided it was time to review.
My wife and I went for dinner this evening and as on previous visits found the greeting and service friendly, but gave an impression of perhaps being ever so slightly disorganised. However it was quick and accurate so no problem.
The food was absolutely delicious. Fresh tasting, beautifully spiced and good portions. As is our habit we rarely have a starter but prefer to get main and side dishes to share. We ordered piro khasi ko masu a lamb dish in a Nepalese sauce of chillies and peppers and fresh herbs; Kathmandu chicken which is done with cinnamon and ginger cooked in lentils, both are fabulous.
We had side dishes of Sag paneer (cottage cheese chunks in spinach with herbs and chilli) and Vegetable Sabzi, perfectly cooked mixed vegetables in a delicious sauce. With pilau rice and a naan bread as accompaniments, to even try a dessert would have been like an attempt on Everest itself (Please excuse the awful pun).
The restaurant itself is located south of the town centre but only a few minutes drive or bus journey. It is clean and bright, perhaps too bright during daylight with the large windows. It is small and the décor is uninspiring. However this is only really noticeable if it is quiet, which we have experienced on previous occasions, but tonight was very busy which added a pleasant bustle.
The quality of the delicious food and the friendly team makes it easy for me to overlook the small negatives mentioned and we intend to continue to visit here.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

was looking for another place to get indian food from as I had sacked the rest for one reason or other ,used them several times now,the foods very tasty and nicely cooked always arrives on time and plenty there,cant complain,good authentic cuisine.

1  Thank paulomartini