“Use it or lose it!”

Ranked #6 of 193 Restaurants in Dunfermline
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 August 2012

Four of us visited the reopened Hideaway, Kingseat Road, Dunfermline for dinner. 18/08/2012

The time we chose 18.00hrs, was determined by other commitments; the choice of menu, the day menu was active until 19.00hrs; the á la carte menu is then available from 19.00hrs.

All four meals were excellent both in service, food quality and amount supplied per portion.

I feel this restaurant is not being fully supported, partly due to information of its reopening after a two year shut down not being fully in the public domain and partly down to the shortage of disposable income.

I recommend this restaurant and its new management; however I feel if it does not receive an adequate level of patronage it may well disappear.

Use it or lose it!

Reviewed 11 August 2012

Booked for a girls night out and wasn,t dissapointed. Food was excellent with a good selection on the menu. Every thing is freshly prepared and well presented by lovely friendly staff. Very handy for people traavelling over Forth road bridge as it is located jst a few minutes from motorway. Well worth another visit and will be back. It is open from 11am in the morning has a lunch menu early evening menu and al la carte later in the evening. All in all a very pleasant night out.

Reviewed 16 June 2012

Myself and my husband went out for a meal this evening to The Hideaway. After reading on tripadvisor sooo many reviews that complained about either the service or the price or the size of portion or the new decor or the time it took to be served must have VERY HIGH expectations. I was very optimistic about it as i had read these reviews but thought i'd try it for myself. Well im glad i did, the place is decoratated lovely and light, staff are very very friendly, the food is absolutely gorgeous, the price for what we had, fresh homemade food was very good value and the portion size is just perfect so you dont leave with that stuffed cramp sore tummy cause you've eaten to much. Well worth a trip to try out for yourself instead of listening to other peoples VERY HIGH expectations.

1  Thank clanmcarthur
Reviewed 14 June 2012

This is the second time we have eaten at The Hideaway since it was recently taken over. Both times, the quality of the food has been fantastic. The menu is short on vegetarian options, but that doesn't bother me. The meat is all sourced from a local butcher and is really good quality. So far I've enjoyed a sirloin and the lamb. Both times the food was served with a delicious sauce, dauphonoise potatoes and a selection of veg. Friendly staff, decent value and great quality mean we'll be back again

Reviewed 2 June 2012

I have eaten at The Hideaway twice and both meals were excellent.
The Cullen Skink was one of the best I have tasted complimenting the haddock in the crispest of batter.
Staff and service was polite and friendly without being intrusive leaving me to read my paper in peace.
If you are around Dunferline seek out The Hideaway it is well worth the effort.

2  Thank David B