“Reasonable food but tad expensive.”

Royal Bengal Tandoori Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 186 Restaurants in Dunfermline
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Dunfermline's first Indian Restaurant, opened in 1981 by Ashik Miah and his two younger brothers Mashok & Koyesh. Still family owned run by cousins Anis, Adnan and Saj Miah the restaurant enters its 35th year. Serving traditional Indian Cuisine with an emphasis on healthy and fresh food. 2014 & 2015 winners of the Scottish Curry Award for best restaurant in South East Scotland. The Royal Bengal is widely recognised as the best Indian restaurant in Dunfermline.
Colchester, United Kingdom
“Reasonable food but tad expensive.”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Visited on a 50% reduction on food night so didn't think I'd be spending much, especially as it's a school night. The restaurant has been spruced up since my previous visit last year, looks somewhat better.
After a swift review of the menu I see many dishes priced at what I would refer to as West End (London) prices, Brick Lane is definitely more competitively priced. 'Run of the Mill'standard fare (Dupiaza, Rogan etc) all priced around £12 to £13, maybe pricing the food at this level compensates for the 50% deal?
Service was polite and prompt and the food was nice. We ate at an early part of the evening so any potential atmosphere was hard to gauge. The overall bill was a surprise considering we only ordered two soft drinks between us. Nevertheless I enjoyed the evening although I won't be rushing back. Let's just say I'll give it another year before my next visit.

3 Thank GDMc

“Yummy!”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Decided on a last minute dinner date, so glad we chose royal bengal! Food was yummy and great service ,waiter couldnt do enough for us. Will definetly return.

Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“Great service, tastey food, pricey.”
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

I have been here on more than one occasion. Every time the service has been wonderful, I have never complained about the food, especially the vegetable pakora!! They offer 50% weekdays which makes you expect a decent price but it doesn't feel like half price with some of the dishes costing £7-£9.. Which is the price at 50% off. Other than that, great place!

• Visited January 2013
“Top notch Indian”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I'm a regular at The Royal Bengal but this is the first time I've put pen to paper, so to speak. As you can see from other reviews, the food is excellent. What makes it special for me is the quality of service and expertise of the staff. They are more than happy to tone down or spice up dishes if they can without altering the quality. Really worth a visit.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Great food, great staff and great value. Either eat in or carry-out the food is always excellent. Having tried most of the dishes I can recommend them all!