“Was ok”
Review of Alberto's Kitchen - CLOSED

Alberto's Kitchen
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Alberto's Kitchen, Under New Managment serving some of the best italian food in fife.
fife, scotland
“Was ok”
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Decided to try here again after it being a good place a few years ago and we saw the reviews on here were ok too. The menu was quite basic for an Italian restaurant... Not many Italian pasta dishes to choose from, my husband had the carbonara which he said was ok but nothing special and I had the macaroni cheese which again was ok but nothing to rave about! Service was friendly and speedy but I don't think we would return as prefer a more authentic Italian restaurant with food to match, it's a shame as Albertos used to be a brilliant restaurant 6-7 years ago x

“Nearly there!”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Very nice restaurant. Menu not what it used to be but food was very good and reasonably priced.Service was fine - friendly and courteous but need to up game a bit more (e.g. didn't wipe the table between courses, group in huddles at the bar, very precarious wine pouring) - and must be the first time I've seen staff serving in a restaurant bar wearing a Rangers FC top!! Just some daft things that could make all the difference.

2 Thank Gordon C
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“Nice place pity about the food”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

y wife and I years ago used to eat there and it was excellent. On passing yesterday we decided to go in for just a lunch menu. The restaurant was just as we remembered very tidy inside and initially good service. However the menu brought was the evening menu and we had to ask for the lunch menu. We ordered half a spicy chicken calzone pizza each and 2 large red wines. The wine was nice and then we waited and waited and eventually the pizzas came. I can honestly say it is the worst pizza ever. The place was empty and I can understand why Never again.

1 Thank sapper795
“Excellent experience!”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I took my father and step mother for dinner on Father's Day. I hadn't made a booking, however the very friendly and accommodating staff ensured they made room for us. The restaurant was busy, the atmosphere terrific and the service was fast and friendly.

The quality of the food was impeccable and represented excellent value for money. My father chose the veal steak, step mother had lasagne and I had an Alberto special. All the food was delivered piping hot including the side order of garlic breads.

The drinks were delivered quickly too, and the very friendly and attentive staff ensured we didn't have to ask once for refills.

I will definitely be returning and wouldn't hesitate to recommend this fantastic venue to anyone! It makes a refreshing change from boring branded chain restaurants found in the Dunfermline leisure park!

2 Thank Russell M
Leeds, UK
“Poor excuse for an italian”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Stayed in the hotel (Rooms at 29 bruce street) and ate at the restaurant that evening.

Comfortably the worst italian i have had in years.

Both myself and the OH had pasta dishes. Dry pasta was used which in my opinion is poor for an italian restaurant. The OH ordered rigatonni and was served Penne. The waitress told me Rigatonni was a "posh" word for penne. I nearly spat out my cold hard meatballs.

Sauce was pretty medicore in both dishes. Frankly had we not been staying and attending a birthday party there later that eveing and if it hadnt been so cheap i would have refused to pay for the food.

On the plus side the wine was good and cheap, service (of the rubbish food) was good, and apart from the silly waitress, the staff were excellent all evening, but the biggest insult.....

I happened upon the chef later in the eveing after the party, and he agreed rigatonni was a posh word for penne.....until i walked him back inside and pointed at the bag of rigatonni above the bar......pretty poor show. Perhaps the scotts just accept poor food! ah well more fool them.

Just to add the party was very good, and the buffet food provided was actually alright which i was surprised by! Given the

• Visited May 2014