“First time, but will not be the last!”
Review of Almonds and Cloves - CLOSED

Almonds and Cloves
Price range: US$11 - US$29
Cuisines: European, Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Although predominantly an Indian Restaurant, Almonds and Cloves in Dunfermline also provide exceptional European cuisine. Our Executive Chef, Bobby Kumar, is a man with passion for the food he creates. Although our prices are incredibly reasonable, our quality surpasses most restaurants in the local area. Come and join us and we will be proud to serve you what we believe to be an outstanding dining experience.
Reviewed 16 April 2013

I visited last Saturday evening, and was immediately struck by the decor. it was like walking into someone's living room, comfortable sofas close to the bar, very nice indeed. The girl who served us could not have been nicer, or more helpful, take a bow!
There are various menus on offer, pre theatre menu particularly good value at £12.95 for 3 courses.
The food was excellent, we had Shashlik sizzler, which came with rice and salad, and a well fired naan bread, cooked to perfection.
Generous portions and very tasty food, served in beautiful surroundings, the restaurant area was also tastefully decorated with black and white photos of musicians from yesteryear, on the walls.
First of many visits for me, I loved the entire experience

Reviewed 15 April 2013

This was simply the best curry I have ever had. Went with my wife and we both thoroughly enjoyed everything we ordered. Place looks great too, and the staff were very attentive. Would certainly recommend this to anyone who hasn't tried it yet - you will be hooked!

Reviewed 14 April 2013

Me and my family went to almonds and cloves giving them the benefit of doubt as we had read the mix reviews on tripadvisor when we entered the restaurant we were greeted at the door and taken to our table menus were giving to us and drinks order was taking.. The staff were so friendly and the restuarnt had a warm feel to it. 2 of my family had indian and they said the flavours were outstanding and I had the fillet steak it was cooked to perfection. The food was hot the portions were great and the service was excellent.. We didn't have room for pudding but we will definately be back!

Reviewed 14 April 2013

First visit and thoroughly enjoyed it. Love the décor - you could spend all night looking at the pictures of old singers on the walls. Waiting staff were very pleasant and knowledgeable about the food and drink. The menu has a choice of British or Indian food and you can mix and match if you want. We went for the pre-theatre menu (2 courses for £9.95 or 3 courses for £11.95) and only managed 2 courses - starter and main course. Portions sizes are good and we were stuffed. I had the vegetable pakora to start and the chicken sizzler platter for main, my partner had lentil soup to start and then chicken rogan josh. All were very delicious. We were going to order a naan bread each but the waitress advised that they were quite big (cost £1.95 each), so we just ordered one between us - and so glad we did as we couldn't even finish one! Can't wait to go back

1  Thank Cherb2408
Reviewed 13 April 2013 via mobile

Went here for lunch and can't fault it.
Excellent value for money, great food and good service.
Would recommend to anyone.
Thanks.