“Lacking”

Almonds and Cloves
Price range: US$11 - US$29
Cuisines: European, Indian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Although predominantly an Indian Restaurant, Almonds and Cloves in Dunfermline also provide exceptional European cuisine. Our Executive Chef, Bobby Kumar, is a man with passion for the food he creates. Although our prices are incredibly reasonable, our quality surpasses most restaurants in the local area. Come and join us and we will be proud to serve you what we believe to be an outstanding dining experience.
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Very clean, lovely waitress, but our Indian food did not taste freshly made like other Indian restaurants in the town centre.

1  Thank lflem

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Twelve of us went at lunch time to celebrate my sister in laws 70th birthday.
The food was excellent and although we all ordered different things everyone enjoyed what they had. Good choice of both British and Indian on the lunch menu. House wine was lovely also. The table was set lovely.
Portions are really big. Service was really quick and the staff were very cheerful. The only fault we would have was that we couldn't have coffee instead of a sweet. After the big portions of starter and main we all felt we didn't need a sweet and because we couldn't have coffee needless to say we all had sweets, which were again lovely. We are going to go again in August to celebrate all the July birthdays in the group.
Would definitely recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank clifffandunfermline
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Me and my daughter popped in as we were doing holiday shopping,and have to say we were very impressed. The restaurant was very clean staff very intentave we had the 3 course lunch for 7.95 and have to say it was very good and very good portion sizes. We would definitely recommend it and will definitely going back

1  Thank babz66
Reviewed 17 June 2014

food was lovely. Waiter was obviously new but that was not an issue. Visited the restaurant about 6pm on a Tuesday evening. we were the only patrons. No ambience. No background music playing but eventually this was addressed. Would I go back .....yes.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I'm genuinely struggling to grasp how this restaurant has so many excellent reviews. My wife and I ate here last week and the food was just dreadful. I had something laughably called lamb tikka. If the meat had ever seen the inside of a tandoor I'd be gobsmacked. It was served as a plate of gloop and it was utterly inedible. The nan bread was like old boot leather.
In truth, this is, quite possibly the worst 'Indian' food I've ever had. When asked if I had enjoyed the meal I informed the waitress that I hadn't liked it one bit - easy to spot as almost everything was still on the plate. She was perfectly pleasant and asked if I'd like something else instead, but such a ghastly experience puts one off permanently. Perhaps I caught them in an off moment - although the host of empty seats suggested that other people had cottoned on to the fact that the fayre on offer is not what it is reputed to be by other reviewers on this site. I'll let others judge this for themselves, but I won't be returning.

1  Thank Tamcook