“terrible customer service”
Review of Alhambra Theatre

Alhambra Theatre
Ranked #8 of 64 things to do in Dunfermline
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We have been to The Alhambra for many shows & enjoyed everyone but the last one ' The Johnny Cash Roadshow' was not at all enjoyable because of the terrible sound quality. We complained during the first half & a member of staff told us she would contact the sound engineer & left it at that. The sound was no better in the second half & we left thoroughly disappointed made worse by the fact it was a birthday surprise for my partner. Next day I emailed the theatre( 2 different email addresses) & a week later still no reply so I emailed again & still no reply a week later so I telephoned & spoke to a female who waffled on about why I should have complained sooner!!. She assured me a member of management would telephone me in a few days but yet again I heard nothing. Eventually I sent a snippy email saying I wanted to speak to the owner Bill Fletcher & I nearly fell over when I got an email with his telephone number BUT to no avail as he told me there was nothing he could do!! I feel the Alhambra are completely disinterested in the fact our experience in THEIR theatre was not good & were NO help either on the night or afterwards.

8  Thank june s

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I have twice sent emails to the Theatre following a performance of Chicago asking about the theatre's policy on responding to inappropriate behaviour amongst the audience. I have received neither acknowledgement nor reply. I have to suggest that visitor's should be prepared to suffer outbursts from the public, perhaps fuelled by poor management of the venue's bar service, and not to expect the theatre's management to treat any complaint seriously. The show itself was great!

3  Thank Richard P
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Great old fashioned Theater. It's like stepping back in time but in a very comfortable way. Seating was comfortable and view of the stage was good.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Great to see this old lady back in use. Attracts some great shows in a traditional theatre setting. Needs some cosmetic attention so long as that doesn't detract fom the character.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

great theatre saw the Michael Jackson thriller show there last night only neg was bar was closed upstairs were I was sitting so muggings had to go down stairs to q for drinks downstairs then carry then up 2 flights of stairs inside a busy foyer then up stars had about 1/2 pint left by the time I got back to seat,