“Value for Money”

Pitbauchlie House Hotel
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Dunfermline
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Lady at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. The hotel has a good value for money (although I wouldn't recommend eating breakfast there, it is very expensive and can get it much cheaper at other places in the town). The room was clean and location is close to Edinburgh if you have a car. We had a family room and we would stay at this hotel again if we were in the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 22 September 2013

Once again I visit , once again I get the same great service .
Reception staff are wonderful,I fail to see how folk can moan.
Helpful, pleasant, smiling , who could ask for more.
It's not a 5 ,or 4 star hotel, but for me, punches above it's weight as a 3
Rooms & beds very comfortable, bar prices reasonable , food great.
I got a cheap deal without breakfast, not a problem for me.
My only small niggle is , if it's not part of the deal it's £11.00, not a fortune, but for me slightly expensive for a full breakfast.
I would not however condemn a hotel on a minor problem.
I always stay here now when ever in Dunfermline on business, I cannot fault it for it's rating , price or staff, well done again

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 September 2013

My husband and I spent one night in this hotel and thoroughly enjoyed the experience.
The receptionist was extremely welcoming and friendly, and all other staff were likewise. There were certainly plenty staff on duty, and they looked after our needs very well and promptly.
Our ground floor room was very clean and comfortable, and we enjoyed a very nice meal in the Bistro. We were delighted to find the food was served on hot plates!
Lovely gardens around the hotel with seats to enjoy the vista.
Although we checked out by midday, it was no problem for us to use the lounge or foyer area for several hours awaiting a transfer to a cruise ship, and were offered coffee etc
Will certainly use again if and when in the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GLAD49
Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

Pros:
- excellent value for money
- free wifi access fast and efficient
- fairly quiet location
- comfortable very large bed
- clean
- location great for a stop over on the way out of EDI to the north
- 24 hr check in very helpful as we arrived very late

Cons:
- building, carpet and furniture a bit dated so floors and walls are a bit thin
- not really close to much without a car

We didn't eat at the hotel at all so can't comment on that.

Would recommend!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Friendly welcoming staff. Room very clean and bed was comfortable. Food in bistro was lovely with a very nice wine list. Nice to sit in the conservatory and also enjoy a drink in the bar which had access to the garden. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ideal location for visiting Edinburgh
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Stayed here for a couple of nights with my son while visitng Knockhill, great lcoation to get to / from the track. Not much around the hotel though in walking distance. Staff friendly, and food / bar great as are the rooms, great value for money. Would certainly use again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Stayed here for a couple of nights this week and was pleasantly surprised following the less than warm greeting we received! The room - including the bathroom - was clean. It wasn't one of the "modern" ones as it still had the built-in bedroom furniture over and next to the bed, but it had everything I needed - including an iron and ironing board. The bathroom was spacious and the towels were lovely big bath sheets. Even though the bed was quite low, once I got in, I had a great night's sleep both nights. Spent a pleasant evening in one of the bars which led out onto the lovely garden - I can see why this hotel makes a great wedding venue! Apart from our initial welcome, the staff were warm and friendly. We ate in the bistro where the service was good and we thoroughly enjoyed our food. Would stay here again if in the area and would recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends