Pitbauchlie House Hotel
Garvock House Hotel(Dunfermline)
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsbistro restaurantbusiness stayfunction roombit datedtrouser pressgammon steakbar pricescheck in was quicklovely hotelbirthday mealfriendly receptionistkippersboth nightswould highly recommend this hotelmain coursestayed one nighttea and coffee making facilities
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Great hotel. Clean and comfortable. Good food and the drinks were not overpriced like a good deal of hotels charge. Excellent location for Edinburgh and motorway to go further North. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Only slight complaint is that the shower is more of a trickle than a proper shower! Needs more oomph.

Room Tip: Worth going for an executive double. So much more room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We stayed here last Friday to break up a trip north. Location wise this hotel is in the suburbs of Dunfermline but ideal for the M90.

On our arrival we were slightly wary, as the hotel has a very dated appearance. The welcome we got from the reception staff was excellent, very friendly and professional, and the reception was immaculate. Again, the interior decor of the bedroom was dated but in very good condition and the room and bathroom was spotless. The double deluxe room we had booked (room 236) had an enormous bed (albeit made up of 2 singles) which was comfortable. The bathroom had everything you would expect, including a powerful and hot shower.

We didn't eat at the hotel, but did have a couple of drinks in the bar which was busy with a nice atmosphere, and the drinks were reasonably priced.

Breakfast was excellent also, there was a large selection of hot and cold breakfast items and the breakfast was well cooked. The view from the dining room would be excellent on a clear day, unfortunately it was hazy when we stayed! The breakfast staff were smart, friendly and efficient.

All in all, it was a great overnight stay and I would definitely recommend this hotel to others, despite the dated decor.

Room Tip: Room 236 overlooks the car park and wooded area to the front of the hotel but is quiet at night.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JohnLanc
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Lady at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. The hotel has a good value for money (although I wouldn't recommend eating breakfast there, it is very expensive and can get it much cheaper at other places in the town). The room was clean and location is close to Edinburgh if you have a car. We had a family room and we would stay at this hotel again if we were in the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Once again I visit , once again I get the same great service .
Reception staff are wonderful,I fail to see how folk can moan.
Helpful, pleasant, smiling , who could ask for more.
It's not a 5 ,or 4 star hotel, but for me, punches above it's weight as a 3
Rooms & beds very comfortable, bar prices reasonable , food great.
I got a cheap deal without breakfast, not a problem for me.
My only small niggle is , if it's not part of the deal it's £11.00, not a fortune, but for me slightly expensive for a full breakfast.
I would not however condemn a hotel on a minor problem.
I always stay here now when ever in Dunfermline on business, I cannot fault it for it's rating , price or staff, well done again

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo