“Satisfied guests”

Pitbauchlie House Hotel
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Dunfermline
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Had an amazing weekend, my wonderful husband took me away for a break as I was working too hard. We stayed in a beautiful hotel, the Pitbauchlie House Hotel in Dunfermline and had a wonderful time. Lovely food, very comfortable and staff were all so friendly. Becky the receptionist was exceptionally helpful and Sam, the owner/manager was a breath of fresh air with his stories. We will definitely be returning and would recommend for a relaxing weekend.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 February 2014

Booked my brothers wake here for after his funeral, and also recommended friends from down south to stay at hotel! staff in attendance were very nice but duty manager and board member could learn communication skills as their lack of thought and communication led to a lot of upset on the day and the following few days, charged us extra for food although we did not ask for any or were consulted about this, several phone calls later led me to speak to..sorry be spoken to by a chairman/board member who was incredibly arrogant and rude and could only utter the words company policy like it was his mantra, according to him the customer is not always right even when it comes to simple communication skills!! needless to say we wont be back and will not be recommending this to anyone again as a venue!!!!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Unhappy939
Manager47, Manager at Pitbauchlie House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent experience at Pitbauchlie House Hotel.

As previously discussed it is our policy to cater for extra guests that attend a funeral tea. We are often thanked for how expediently we provide this service.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the upset you feel has been caused to your family.

I am sorry that we were unable to resolve the situation to your satisfaction.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Stayed here 14th Feb 2014 checked into room to find no towels, disgusting marks in toilet pan and 1/2 a toilet roll. Phoned reception to be told by receptionist that as they had let us check in early which was untrue as we had lunch first then checked in at 2pm, that the room hadn't been serviced properly! What?. The toilet did get cleaned when we went for evening meal but not serviced as promised! Onto the good points our meal and wait staff were 100 percent and thank you to them for a lovely meal! Won't stay again though!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mary M
Manager47, Manager at Pitbauchlie House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at Pitbauchlie House Hotel.
Please accept our apologies that your restroom had not been completely serviced on the day of your visit. This should not have occurred and I have stressed the importance of this to the head housekeeper. I am so glad that we were able to complete the task later in the day.
Thank you for your kind words regarding the Valentine Dinner and that you felt the meal and service was “100 percent” on the day. We have passed on your comments.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Had drinks here with several friends last Friday. Staff were friendly and efficient. Good choice of drinks and prices reasonable. Hotel very comfortable and just the right level of posh. The hotel is also in a good location in Dunfermline. Car park very dark though.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your kind review. I am delighted that you found both the hotel to your liking.
I believe that there had been a bulb blown in one of our car park lights, this had now been rectified.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

My family and I spent one night in the hotel in May before our departure from Scotland, returning to South Africa. It was ideally located for our purposes being close to a railway connection for sightseeing in Edinburgh and within easy reach of the Edinburgh Airport where we had to be the following morning. It was also an easy drive from central Dunfermline where we found a nice restaurant. The hotel staff were professional but somewhat unfriendly and mechanical. The room was a family room which was ideal for our purposes. All-in-all, the hotel was unexceptional but we were happy and because of the hotel's convenience we would stay there again if it was a quick stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and hope that we may welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Had an Xmas meal here this year. Xmas meals can be dire experiences, as all restaurants want to do is max the bill and minimise the effort. This offering was somewhere inbetween - neither excellent, nor bad.

The food was ok, though delivery was poor, with half the table well into their meal before the other half appeared. Can't comment on the rooms, as didn't stay, but take care of the road on the way into the hotel off Aberdour road. I suspect that some of the IED laden roads in Afghanistan have fewer craters!

Dunfermline is awash with hotels and restaurants. A lot are middle of the road and average like this, if you are looking to up the ante, then try and garvock house, or the Keavil in nearby crossford - you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 December 2013

I stayed here over Christmas, and had a really relaxing time. The room has blackout curtains, and I slept so soundly that I woke up at half nine on one morning. Breakfast was lovely, with proper butter on the table! I was there alone, but was made to feel at home, without feeling awkward. I had lunch there with my family on Boxing Day, and really enjoyed it. I felt that it was really good value for money, especially for over the festive period. The nicest thing about the hotel is the staff, who are all friendly and cheery. Really enjoyed my stay, and will definitely be back!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank allison659

Thank you for your enthusiastic review, we are all delighted that the hotel met your expectations and hope that we can host another stay next Christmas.