“Great location”

Pitbauchlie House Hotel
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Dunfermline
“Great location”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Arrived late in the evening, not a word from the receptionist. I had to approach her to check-in and the only thing she seemed interested in was going home herself.....definitely not a good first impression! A deluxe room booked, should have been a king size bed, but we had two singles!! Room mostly quiet, one slight glitch was the very noisy gurgling radiator!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sherylfg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Brough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Dogs truly are welcome and not in a scruffy back room. I stayed for 2 nights and the staff were very welcoming to both myself and my dog. We were going to SKC a championship dog show and couldn't have found better accommodation at such a reasonable price. I had already recommended this hotel to friend and they agree.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Denhalka
Bridgnorth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We booked this hotel for a cheap overnighter to see friends in Edinburgh. For what we paid (£60 bb) this was seriously undervalued. Rooms were light, very clean and airy and the garden around the property was well kept and very pretty. It is about 15 minutes from the centre of Edinburgh so great for anyone wanting to explore the city without having to pay a preimium price. Breakfast was very good with a great supply of juices, cereals and pastries. Hot breakfast was cooked very well - just how we asked - and the waiting staff were very attentive. Would I go back - yes!yes!yes! best nights sleep I have had in ages!!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Orpington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Our last stay here just last week, the 5th time I've stayed here showed some great signs of improvement - no not in the dated aspects of the room with its well-ready for replacement doors and in need of a bathroom refit. But in Art's bistro where the food has improved significantly on previous years and the staff seemed to be more 'can do' than the previous 'can't do' philosophy.

Despite being very busy on the Friday & Saturday night and us getting in late on service there was perhaps too much haste in getting us through our courses even though the restaurant weren't requiring our table for another cover. I guess getting us out so they can set for breakfast was the new priority?

Note to management - never forget the paying customer is your priority not the system that says 2105 set restaurant for breakfast and shuffle people out ASAP.

But there were improvements and for that I've pushed it up from an average.

Room Tip: I;ve no idea if there is a programme of refurbishment - if there is ask for one that's seen a pa...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank jud9e_man
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Stayed here for about four days, taking the price (£60odd for a well-equipped double) into consideration, I can’t fault the place.

Room was nice and clean, albeit a tad dark. Lights were slightly unpleasant, but maybe I’m just silly for being bothered about these things.

Had food several times in the pub, abundant portions, well prepared and competitively priced. Didn’t have a chance to test the proper restaurant, but I’ve heard from other people that it is very nice.

Staff was helpful and very cheery and didn’t mind our requests.

Overall, the hotel could do with a refurb as some parts look rather dated, but still, for the price you really can’t complain. In fact, I find the 80s throwback lobby rather charming.

I’d definitely recommend the hotel to people on a budget.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Nairn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Had an amazing weekend, my wonderful husband took me away for a break as I was working too hard. We stayed in a beautiful hotel, the Pitbauchlie House Hotel in Dunfermline and had a wonderful time. Lovely food, very comfortable and staff were all so friendly. Becky the receptionist was exceptionally helpful and Sam, the owner/manager was a breath of fresh air with his stories. We will definitely be returning and would recommend for a relaxing weekend.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Booked my brothers wake here for after his funeral, and also recommended friends from down south to stay at hotel! staff in attendance were very nice but duty manager and board member could learn communication skills as their lack of thought and communication led to a lot of upset on the day and the following few days, charged us extra for food although we did not ask for any or were consulted about this, several phone calls later led me to speak to..sorry be spoken to by a chairman/board member who was incredibly arrogant and rude and could only utter the words company policy like it was his mantra, according to him the customer is not always right even when it comes to simple communication skills!! needless to say we wont be back and will not be recommending this to anyone again as a venue!!!!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Unhappy939
Manager47, Manager at Pitbauchlie House Hotel, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent experience at Pitbauchlie House Hotel.

As previously discussed it is our policy to cater for extra guests that attend a funeral tea. We are often thanked for how expediently we provide this service.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the upset you feel has been caused to your family.

I am sorry that we were unable to resolve the situation to your satisfaction.