We rang the reception bell and waited sometime for someone to respond. The receptionist , who was pleasant, had been busy with another guest. That's what you get with minimal staffing.
Our room was in the new wing and had been prepared as requested. So far so good.the new style of decor and furnishing were quite good. A hairdryer was provided. There was an electronic cluster on the back board of the desk for which there were no instructions. It was not clear that it was connected to anything.
There was a large fan on a stand, which caused me to suspect that the room could have temperature issues. I was not wrong. I had no wish to use a noisy fan at night. There was no way to turn off the heating, it could only be turned down. Unfortunately, whatever temperature I set was centrally overridden at some point during the night, or early hours. I have stayed at Premier Inns where the guest can turn off the room heating, and as this wing was a recent construction, I am surprised that such a facility was not designed in.
The TV was set to a volume of 13. This is okay if you are listening to radio only, or are sitting watching TV at the desk, underneath the TV, but, not if you are watching while in bed some distance away from the TV. The volume was unable to be adjusted till the next day, when staff with the know-how were available to adjust the sound,
I do wish the edict from on high to issue one hand towel per room would be lifted. Sharing a towel is not hygienic: it is not guest friendly. The edict applies to all Premier Inns. If you want an extra towel, you must ask.
We had a king size bed. There appears to be a fad for foam topped mattresses. It felt like we'd got one. The mattress was on the soft side of medium and it felt like a heavyweight had indented a shape into it that you rolled in to.
Lighting to read by was best at the desk.
The en suite bathroom had new fresh decor and provided all basic requirements. The bath and shower, as is usual, were combined.
Unfortunately, we experienced very poor housekeeping during our short stay. The duvet was roughly thrown over an un-made bed. On the morning of departure and with our luggage, we found the small lift was unattended and full with a trolley of housekeeping sacks, which I removed, so we could use the lift.
There is adequate parking. The usual 30 minutes free wifi is available, anything more you pay for. If you use the restaurant, wifi is readily available, though I had to reconnect after half an hour. It was not a fast connection.
This Inn is in a park where you'll find a number of eating chains, you are not reliant on the restaurant attached to the Inn. The Inn is well placed for Dunfermline which is not far to drive and if you arrive early in the day, you can enjoy the Abbey, which is the ancient seat of Scottish Kings, also,there are a couple of lovely parks. There is a comprehensive shopping centre and places to stop for coffee. Not far from the Inn is a useful park and ride for buses either in to Edinburgh, or the other way into Fife.
If the housekeeping had not been so poor, and the room thermostat could have been controlled in the room in this new wing, I would have rated this Inn more highly I am unsure about the efficacy of the mattress on the bed. The two receptionists with whom we had most contact were pleasant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You will not get bored staying at Premier Inn Dunfermline. Situated within a leisure park, there is plenty to do including bowling, cinema and crazy golf, not to mention all the restaurants to choose from. Premier Inn Dunfermline is also a short 30 minute journey from Edinburgh, surrounded by good bus and rail links. Dunfermline Town itself has a beautiful Abbey at its center and Andrew Carnegie's Birthplace Museum. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Premier Inn so you can book your Premier Inn Dunfermline Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Dunfermline Hotel Dunfermline
- Premier Inn Dunfermline Hotel Fife