“Can not fault it!”

Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Dunfermline
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Can not fault it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2012

My partner called the hotel on my behalf to make sure there were rooms available for me and if it was possible to come in at a late time. It was, of course, absolutely fine. I got there between midnight and 1am and was made to feel very welcome. I had an emergency situation and needed somewhere to sleep for one night.

The room was clean, comfortable and very warm. Bathroom was spotless and the staff were extremely friendly. I will definitely stay there again if the need arises. Highly recommended!

2 minutes away from Dunfermline bus station so getting home to Glasgow was much easier.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank lonelytravellergirl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Rochdale, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2012

I'd seen poor reviews of this place but I was booked into the Rooms@29 by work and decided to take it as I found it. I'd been told they'd changed management.
To be fair, the room was clean, spacious enough with a powerful shower, decent TV and reception provided me with a network cable (as there's wifi but I was told it wasn't the fastest)... so facilities were all I needed.
The bed was very comfortable and I got up for work well-rested.
Meals are served in the Italian Restaurant which shares the front door and, despite a spend limit imposed by my employers, I ate wonderfully. Can't fault the food at all.
All in all, a good little business trip.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank PhillConnell
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2012

My partner and I are in our early 30's and enjoy fairly quiet weekend breaks in nice places with lots to see and do. We don't look for perfection, just somewhere to stay that is clean, comfortable and memorable. Thats exactly what we got when we stayed at this hotel for 2 nights last weekend, Friday and Saturday. Firstly, despite being in a room at the front, on the same street as the nightclub entrance, we slept well. My partner is a light sleeper, and he didn't say a word about excessive noise!
When we arrived at the hotel the girl working at reception was absolutely great, she was polite helpful and just what you're looking for when you appear at a hotel miles away from home. She was great throughout our stay, made suggestions for places to eat and drink and knew where to send us for transport in to Edinburgh etc. You rarely get someone who's genuinely interested in helping.
The first night we ate in the hotel restaurant, it was excellent. If your looking for tasty Italian food then try it, reasonable too.
The room we stayed in was great, modern decor, large comfy bed, facilities for tea etc and a decent working tv for music. Even had a radio dock we could charge our IPhones in. There was a bit of mildew in the grout of the bathroom tiles, noticeable but not a put off, how perfect do you want a place to be, if it's 5* you're looking for, then book 5*.  The parking didn't pose a problem for us, just ask for advice when u get there. The hotel is virtually 5 minutes walk from the centre of town and about 15 mins walk to the train station for Edinburgh. A few nice pubs in Dunfermline, the new JD Wetherspoons on the High St which is decent for food and drink, Fabric which is slightly more contemporary with good cocktails and more fancy food and if you're just looking for cheap drinks then Cafe Continental
just down the road from the hotel does bottles of wine for 6-7 quid with comfy big couches and music.
Overall, our stay in Dunfermline was great. The hotel was so much better than expected and thank you to the staff who prompted us to write our very first trip advisor review!!

• Stayed September 2012
4 Thank RabnSarah
Siann R, Manager at Rooms at 29 Bruce Street, responded to this review, 21 September 2012
Hi,

Thanks for your positive review of Rooms@29. I'm pleased you found your visit to Dunfermline so enjoyable. With agree that our central location makes us the ideal place to stay and see the sights!

Our team prides itself on friendly, helpful servcie and I am glad this has been reflected. And any concerns about the bathroom (grout etc) have been adressed progressively throughout the hotel.

Thanks again for your kind comments and I hope to welcome you back soon!

Kind regards,

Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2012

Had a great two nights,staff very friendly,food well presented & good,room comfy clean & quiet.Would stay again.Rail links to Edinburgh every 30mins,Night club next door didn't present any problem we never heard any noise

Room Tip: Parkings a bit of a problem,public car park @ rear of the Hotel.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Alan M
Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to review Rooms@29! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us during the Edinburgh Festival and found it to be a convenient location for travelling to and from Edinburgh.

Being in the centre of Dunfermline and with the car park being behind the hotel it can be difficult to find, so we will always suggest to give us a phone here at the hotel before you arrive and we can give you clear directions to the car park.

Many thanks again, I hope to welcome you back soon!

Kind Regards,

Macduff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

After reading some of the bad reviews (and being worried) we came to the conclusion that they must have been staying in a different hotel!!!!!! We would have absolutely no problem whatsoever staying here again. We have never met such lovely and helpful staff as the girls at 29 Bruce street - exceptional service. Food at the restaurant was brilliant and very busy. Our room (after emailing before arrival asking for a quiet room) was good - clean and tidy. (only bad comment was grounting in bathroom needs redoing and shower curtain needs replacing). The parking in the public car park behind the hotel was not a problem either. The location is ideal for Knockhill - our reason for being in the area - only 10 minutes to the circuit. We will be back next year.

Room Tip: Room 103 is a quiet room.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Macleod1076908
Hi,

Thanks for sharing your review with tripadvisor. Unfortunately we do get a mixed bag of reviews and I'm pleased this didn't affect your decision to stay. Our team pride ourselves on friendly, helpful service and I'm glad this has been reflected.

I can also let you know that work is undergoing throughout the hotel so any concerns you had about the bathrooms have been adressed.

Thanks again and I look fprward to welcoming you back next year!

Kind regards,

Oxford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2012 via mobile

We got this room at a very good rate and stayed for 2 nights. We were a bit concerned when we first arrived as it is next door to a nightclub, which i think belongs to the hote,l and there is no parking. However, we never heard anything from the club and there is a huge public car park directly behind the hotel. The Italian restaurant, which is also part of the hotel, was good value too and doubles up for breakfast which pretty much caters for every choice. In summary, good value for money and nice staff.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Jimbo7304
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2012

Stayed here on a night out in Dunfermline, was ok but had marks on walls, no real decor and felt very claustaphobic in the room, quite expensive on weekends and staff were not very helpfully and car parking non existent, local council car park down 8 flights of stairs right outside a night club and another busy hotel bar so car was not easy to make sure was secure and you had to pay after 0800 in morning. Would stay again but not at weekend prices. Average at best

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank Lauren7887
Siann R, Manager at Rooms at 29 Bruce Street, responded to this review, 27 July 2012
Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to review Rooms@29. I would like to reply to a few of the concerns you had about our hotel. Firstly, being in the town centre of Dunfermline, we do not have our own car park but are located in front of a large, secure council car park with plenty of space for our guests. There is a set of stairs, definitely not 8 flights, which brings you conveniently from the carpark to the hotel entrance.

Our rooms vary from single rooms to family rooms and the size of the room varies accordingly. Our most spacious rooms are our king rooms so I would suggest booking one of those if you felt a double room did not meet your expectations. The decor of our hotel is simple and modern. I am pleased to tell you we have recently re-painted, so any marks on walls- which you would expect with normal wear and tear, are no longer.

As with any hotel, our prices vary from week to weekend and according to the time of year. You will expect to pay more at any hotel during busy times and perhaps this is why you felt it was 'expensive'. I would suggest that our prices are reflective of what we offer - clean, modern accomodation in the heart of Dunfermline city centre.

Regards,