My wife, 11 month old buy and myself stayed at 29 Bruce Street on the 18th of August 2006.
We arrived and did have problems parking. Although there was no dedicated parking for the hotel (Nothing unusual nowadays as there are so many cars in the city of Dunfermline and because of the nice old cobbled street), we eventually went round the block twice and got a space on the pavement. Next morning we were advised that there was a HUGE car park just round the back, so parking was not an issue at all, this could have been made clear on a reception notice to help us. In all we cant complain about parking because it was there.
On first view, the hotel was modern looking, nice and smelled very nice because of the integrated Italian resteraunt (Which happily also served as the breakfast room in the morning)
The staff were well turned out and extremely helpful, and i mean more helpful than an other hotel we have ever stayed in, 5*s there then.
There was a steep set of stairs leading up to the rooms, but there was a disabled room on the ground floor, so no issues there. In any case, the staff were more than willing to bring up an iron board, extra towels and everthing else we asked for, and as standard they were brought up to our room extra quick. The iron and board were modern and undamaged (Unlike the Sheraton Edinburgh irons, or the holiday Inn Edinburghs which were actually dangreous as they were damaged).
The bedroom was clean, with a DVD player and small TV which was easy to use. We felt that the TV and DVD were too high and hard to reach, they could easily have been situated on the smart writing and vanity desk. It was quite hard to look up all the time to see the TV.
The bed was big and felt great, just like in the photos we had seen of it.
The bathroom was nice and a pleasure to have a bath or power shower in. There was posh soaps and shampoo, and the towels were thick and luxurious.
The room had a standalone Air-Con unit, i guess because the window was not designed to be opened. It seemed that even with the Air-Con on, the room got far too stuffy after having a bath or shower. I think the window really must be converted to one that opens. We were advised that our room was only one of two that had non-opening windows, so next time we would just ask for one with a window that opened. The Air-Con unit utilised a hole in the wall for exhaust heat, the hole had simply been cut out, but the edges should have been smoothed off.
The breakfast was absolutely briliant, fresh and of good quality. The bread was good so too was the Scottish breakfast with local meats and produce used.
I note that the hotel has a night club joined on to it - although the hotel was sound proofed, we had a problem taking our sleeping baby from the car to the hotel without him waking up (It was so noisy out there). once inside, we couldnt hear anything.
I recommend this hotel to young trendy couples. Because of the sickness on the pavement down the side of the hotel / club leading to the carpark round the back, the noise outside the club and the two men kicking a police car outside the club, i do not recommend this hotel (At least on the weekends) to couples . singles with children, elderly (Unless again during weekdays and booking the bottom room) or those who feel threatened by loads of drunken loud yobs (Again probably just on weekends - We stayed there on a Saturday night). I do recommend it to trend couples and posh clubbers. Weekdays Monday to Thursday i guess i would recommend anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rooms at 29 Bruce Street is a boutique 17 bedroom hotel and entertainment complex. The Hotel offers affordable luxury and first class entertainment situated in the city centre of Dunfermline. All bedrooms have en-suite facilities, satellite tv, dvd players and high speed internet access. With adjoining nightclub and authentic Italian restaurant we believe we offer something to suit all tastes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Rooms at 29 Bruce Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rooms At 29 Bruce Street Hotel Dunfermline
- Rooms At 29 Bruce Street Dunfermline, Fife