I have stayed for two weeks (weekdays only) in Rooms @ 29 Bruce St and have enjoyed a very comfortable, enjoyable time there (apart from having to work).
The rooms were very modern, very comfortable and well soundproofed with Air Conditioning units. The beds were fantastic, the most comfortable I have slept in ( I have been working away from home for three months, staying in around three different hotels a week) so this is not a one off. The bathroom was tiled and warm and the shower head when on its middle setting was almost like being massaged. 14" TV and DVD player was handy too.
If the rooms were brilliant the staff equally measured up if not moreso, and not just one or two, all of them - the receptionist, catering staff and cleaners. They all welcomed you but also remembered you and would say Hi genuinely. This made it a pleasure to stay there.
The hotel is attached to an Italian restaurant and is where breakfast is served, freshly cooked as you wanted it from the breakfast menu. The evening meals there were fantastic, all four of us agreed that it was very good food and about the best we had eaten, certainly since working away.
There is also a bar/nightclub next door which allowed you to charge to the rooms, it is a converted chapel but decked out in quite a modern way but retaining some original features. It had at least 7 large TV screens (2 projectors) showing sports, mainly football. Large sofas and easy chairs and bar stools. Again the staff were very good.
The fact that this hotel has this next door does mean that you can get revellers coming in late but the nightclub is only open on certain nights of the week and I am not going to complain about people having fun (but this could be a consideration for some people). There is also a night porter.
The hotel also has some links with local attractions and a gym (didn't get to use the gym but did go karting at knockhill - fantastic). It is very close to the shopping centre and I would also say it is a great place to stay to go sightseeing from.
I would point out that there is no parking there belonging to the hotel as it is a centre of town hotel and a pay and display car park has to be used at the back.
To sum up :
Rooms - Excellent
Staff - Superb
Food - Fantastic
Atmosphere - Ace
Stay There - you will not be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rooms at 29 Bruce Street is a boutique 17 bedroom hotel and entertainment complex. The Hotel offers affordable luxury and first class entertainment situated in the city centre of Dunfermline. All bedrooms have en-suite facilities, satellite tv, dvd players and high speed internet access. With adjoining nightclub and authentic Italian restaurant we believe we offer something to suit all tastes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Rooms at 29 Bruce Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rooms At 29 Bruce Street Hotel Dunfermline
- Rooms At 29 Bruce Street Dunfermline, Fife