“Not bad!”

Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Dunfermline
London, United Kingdom
“Not bad!”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

An average Holiday Inn Express. Clean and comfotable. Beds rather soft. TV have few channels and are not yet flat screens! Wi-Fi free , but only for a four hour session. Breakfast better than standard Holiday Inn Express. If you need a room for one night or so, good, longer might be a bit uncomfortable.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
danosborne, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dunfermline, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel following your recent stay with us.
I’m glad to see overall you had a pleasant stay.
Regarding the TVs we hope to have them changed shortly to the flat screen type and also the WIFI is free for the whole duration of your stay, the tickets have also been changed from 4 hours to 24 and you can pick these up from reception.
Dan Osborne

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Galashiels, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We've actually stayed here a few times as it's very conveniently located and the price represents good value if you're just wanting a stopover.

The staff are helpful - check-in efficient.

The rooms are pretty basic but that's what you expect from HI Express. They're clean and large enough. Bed comfy enough - we slept well.

Breakfast is still a let-down even when you know what to expect. You're pretty much stuck with sausage, toast and scrambled egg if you want something hot, or there's cereal. I notice a lot of people complain about the breakfast quality. Just a wee bit more effort here and the hotel would get so much better reviews.

Wouldn't rule it out but might go to the Premier Inn down the road next time.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
danosborne, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dunfermline, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Dear Guest,
Im glad to see overall you had a pleasant stay with us.Regarding the breakfast we value all feedback both positive and negative and will discuss this at our next team meeting.The free breakfast does include Sauasages,Baked beans,Scrambled egg,Croissants,Chox au pain,Yoghurts,Friut,and preserves and this is a standard for Holiday Inn Express.
We do hope to welcome you back soon.
Dan Osborne.
Victoria BC Canada
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Comfortable rooms with free wifi but the layout of the free breakfast is chaotic. There is no room to line up, no easy way to get food and beverage without bumping into people. Its outside Edinburgh but a short trip. They cater to tours so there are crowds. The restaurant area is more like a cafeteria than a restaurant, but the staff was trying hard

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
danosborne, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dunfermline, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Dear LoloVictoriaBCCanada,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express - Dunfermline. We appreciate all feedback and I was sorry to hear that your experience during breakfast was a bit chaotic. During the season we do cater for tour groups from around the world. I will pass your comments on to our Food and beverage team to see what solutions we can do to improve the service in the future in the event of having a tour in.
As you mentioned we are a great hub for getting to Edinburgh and I do sincerely hope that in the event you are visiting Dunfermline that you stay with us again.
Ayrshire
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I used to think that HI Express were a class above the rest when it came to budget hotels. My husband and I booked into this hotel a couple of weeks ago in order to attend a wedding nearby and whilst it was ideally located, we couldn't help feeling slightly disappointed in our experience. Having paid £90 for a standard room, I was annoyed to learn that our standard room was actually a twin room and when I brought this to the attention of the staff they sympathised but said they had no doubles to move us to, therefore we were stuck with it. Rooms were very clean but small and reminded me of travelodge/premier inn, just double the price! Breakfast was included of course, but I did not find it very appealing. I don't recall ever having written a poor review on here but I feel it merits it. I would not recommend booking a room here at this rate and would certainly look at other options. Another problem for me with the IHG is that the booking system is based in the US and this can be quite frustrating when they do not have any knowledge of the area. As I write this I have convinced myself that I will not be using HI Express hotels in future. There are too many competitors and not just chain hotels, offering better deals out there.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
danosborne, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dunfermline, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
Dear Guest,
It’s always good for us to receive feedback both positive and negative.
I have checked your booking and it was a standard room which was booked which can either be a Double or Twin as stated in the room description.
Unfortunately on the day of your arrival we were fully booked and unable to move you to a double.
I have noted your comments regarding price and we will look at these and on the night of your stay we were priced competiveley against the other hotels you have mentioned.
We do hope to welcome you back soon to Holiday Inn Express.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 12 September 2013

This hotel i.e. the staff are fairly good but it's not value for money. The rooms are basic as are the meals. The hotel chain could do a lot more for guests and should reduce the rates as they are a bit over the top. It was quiet but low budget as compared to what they charge.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
danosborne, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dunfermline, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review Holiday Inn Express Dunfermline following your recent stay with us.
Im pleased to see you found the staff helpful.
Regarding the pricing we review this daily and will look at the points you have raised.
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Unfortunately this holiday inn express isn't up to the standards I've experienced elsewhere in the chain. Poor service on check-in, then told I was blocked from charging anything to my room from an ill tempered barman. Turns out this was because the person checking me in never asked if I'd like the option to charge anything to my room. Time consuming, annoying & paying £85 for the privilege. I'd only stay again if nowhere else available.

• Stayed September 2013
danosborne, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dunfermline, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel following your with us.
I’m extremely concerned to read your comments regarding the service and attitude of our staff and will investigate this straight away.
It’s certainly not something we have encountered before.
If you would like to contact me directly on danosborne@hiexpressdunfermline.co.uk with more information this would be helpful.
Castleford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Stayed as a family for one night on our way up to Inverness from Yorkshire. The accommodation was ok but, as we find with many 'family rooms' they are very small and only really good for one night's stay. The breakfast was buffet style and pretty basic really. In a nutshell this hotel is functional and serves a purpose when travelling a long distance.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
danosborne, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dunfermline, responded to this review, 9 September 2013