All reviewsfirst classdining roomslunch menuwedding receptionlovely hotelwedding breakfastfamily weddingwaiting staffvisited this hotelchristmas luncha wonderful staydunfermline areafrom start to finishroom was largecouldn't faulttown centretea and coffee
Reviewed 7 September 2013

A couple of months ago I booked two twin rooms for next September and received a printed confirmation of the booking. The following week I received a telephone call from a rather snippy woman saying my booking was no longer accepted. This I found out was because the hotel had been booked out for the Ryder Cup after my booking had been accepted.
I have recommended this hotel for many years especially American guests and have organised dinners at the hotel.
For a fast huge profit in the short term they have lost a long term regular patron. No more recommendations for this hotel I'm sorry to say.
Unknowing to me by law they should have supplied another hotel at the same pricing or they are meant to pay for an upgrade. That's the law as I understand

Room Tip: Be careful of the prices and I agree with some other guests, you may have to wait at the bar especially if there is a wedding on.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Gerry M
Reviewed 1 September 2013

On 24 August our daughter and her new husband held a dinner party for 25 of their friends following their return from their wedding and honeymoon in Hawaii. As they live in Dunfermline and know the Garvock House Hotel quite well it was an obvious choice for their party.
My husband and I stayed overnight - a wise and thankful decision! Our room was spacious, very clean and comfortable with ample and pleasing furnishings. We had a twin rooom and both beds were really cosy and comfortable. The en-suite bathroom was spotless with ample toiletries should you need/want them.
The dinner party was held in one of the private dining rooms where the three large circular tables were decked in pristine white linen; glassware and cutlery gleaming and overall the room was excellently displayed.
All the guests found it easy to rate their three course dinner regardless of what starter, main or sweet course they'd selected as 'TOP OF THE RANGE'. All the food was beautifully prepared, cooked and well presented - tastes were 'out of this world - vegetables too were fresh and not over-cooked.
Service was first class - with young waiters/waitresses very attentive yet unobtrusive; they were friendly, helpful, polite and smartly kitted out.
All in all this was one of the happiest and most enjoyable occasions we have attended for some time and it was heart-warming to hear the younger guests saying the same thing. After our splendid meal the party, needless to say, continued in one of the lounges when the guests had a chance to catch up on viewing wedding photographs and hearing of the many exploits the newlyweds had enjoyed on their holiday of a lifetime - parasailing, shark cage swimming, a visit to Pearl Harbour, sailing, snorkelling, swimming with dolphins and seeing endangered green turtles swim by - to name a few of the activities they took part in.
Full marks to all the staff at the Garvock House Hotel for helping to make this such a happy and memorable occasion. We'll certainly use this hotel again and highly recommend it to those who enjoy fine dining, comfortable accommodation and beautiful surroundings.

Room Tip: If you like good food, excellent service, extremely comfortable and clean accommodation amid beautifully laid out gardens when visiting Dunfermline or the neighbouring areas - look no further than the Garvock House Hotel. You won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Pauline R, Public Relations Manager at Garvock House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Dear Morganva,

Thank you for your lovely review - we're so pleased that you and your family and friends enjoyed this visit. We look forward to welcoming you back to Garvock House before too long!

Reviewed 26 August 2013

I have stayed at this hotel before and found it very friendly and clean. They clearly take pride in their restaurant. This time I found the staff less welcoming (except the girls at breakfast, which was also excellent), The thing I really found annoying was a smear on the bathroom wall from the previous resident. Which seemed to be ignored when the cleaner came to clean my room. I frequently visit Fife but will probably will not stay here again

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your review, I'm sorry that your last visit didn't meet your expectations. I hope that you will visit us again and look forward to welcoming you back to Garvock House.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

Just back from a family lunch at this hotel. My son and his fiancé are getting married here next October so thought we'd check it out. Fabulous food, beautiful grounds and friendly helpful staff. Can't wait till next year!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Pauline R, Public Relations Manager at Garvock House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Thank you Christine. We're so pleased you enjoyed your visit and we're looking forward to welcoming you back your son's wedding next year.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

This was my wife and I's second visit to this hotel and we were delighted with what we experienced especially as we took two friends with us. A lovely welcome and comfortable lounge to enjoy a drink before going through to the restaurant which has a wonderful atmosphere and very attentive staff. We had a varied selection of main meals including steak, fish ( expertly boned at the table by David), duck and veal. All extremely palatable followed by superb sweets. This establishment is a must if visiting the Dunfermline area but I recommend you book in advance.

Room Tip: We did not stay.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review and thanks for bringing your friends along too. We hope that we'll be able to welcome you all back again in the future.