“far”

Holiday Inn Express Glenrothes
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Glenrothes
“far”
Reviewed 19 June 2013 via mobile

The hotel is too far from Edinburgh.
And nothing shop and supermarket everywhere around the hotel. Just one restaurant.
You need your car.
But I think good price and clean rooms.
Breakfast is usual English breakfast.

• Stayed July 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Glenrothes, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
Dear Haru7,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I am very happy that you noticed the cleanliness of the rooms. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is. I sincerely hope that the next time you are in Glenrothes you will give our hotel another try.

Karen G.
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Scotland
Reviewed 18 June 2013

We booked a stay at the Holiday Inn Glenrothes, Fife for two nights. Night before we were due to arrive received a call from Holiday Inn asking if we still required two rooms, at this point we were able to confirm that we now only required one room. One hour later received another call from Holiday Inn, Glenrthes advising us that as the room we were to be allocated was flooded we were being moved to another local hotel an upgrade we were informed. This was not an upgrade only difference I think was that it was a family room, hence a little larger. Anyway, when I received my Priority Club statement I noticed that I had not been awarded points for the two night stay. I completed the missing points form online and received the response that as I had not arrived and had not cancelled the booking then I was not entitled to the points. I again e-mailed them advising them of the situation as stating that I had not changed the booking they had and I therefore thought I should receive the points - no response. I once again e-mailed them with the same information - no response. I called the Holiday Inn in Glenrothes themselves to advise them of this and was informed that the person who dealt with the points system was not available but that they would pass the information to them. To date I have still not received the points and the stay was at the beginning of May. I am extremely disappointed with the service from the Holiday Inn group. I don't stay with them a lot, but I do book with them a few times a year. Holiday Inn Group you changed my booking, not me, and therefore I should receive the points.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Glenrothes, responded to this review, 4 July 2013
Dear SummerSun-7,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club member and for leaving us feedback. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations. Your comments have been documented and will be used for future upgrades of the IHG Rewards Club. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Janice A
Merseyside
Reviewed 26 May 2013

We are "ex-pat" Fifers and we need a base when we travel back to see friends and relatives. Holiday Inn Express fits the bill perfectly and we have used it on a number of occasions. The staff are welcoming, the room is clean and functional and the breakfast is just right to start the day off. Perhaps not best suited if you are seeking a hotel with a comfy lounge and log fires but, then again, it doesn't claim to be this. Thoroughly recommended as a place to stay.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank slim90
Glenrothes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2013

This is my first stay in a holiday inn express. We'd usually chose a premier inn or a travel lodge but this was closer to our work so we thought we'd give it a try. We have been very pleased that we did. Our room was lovely and clean. The heater was working so it was also lovely and warm which was nice after a wet and rainy drive. Our bed was soft. We had a choice of pillow firmness and their was a cot in the room for our son. The curtains have black out lining so we weren't woken by the light in the morning. We were in room 106 on the ground floor next to reception and we can honestly say we haven't heard a single noise from anyone in the hotel. Internet access has also been good and we have never lost signal. We have felt refreshed and rejuvenated each morning. Coffees and towels were replenished daily and extra milk was available when we needed it. We also asked if they had a bowl we could use to heat and sterilise my baby's bottle and the receptionist Lee found us a jug. This was above and beyond her role and very much appreciated. The 2 receptionists we have met Lee and Lesley Ann have helped to make our first trip to Scotland a wonderful experience. They've asked us about our plans in the morning and have asked us about our day on return. They've answered all the questions we've asked about the local area and given us suggestions of places to visit based on our conversations and because of this we've discovered some new areas we probably wouldn't have seen otherwise. Breakfast here was lovely. The cooked breakfast was hot and delicious and there aren't many hotels where this service is provided. We met Lorraine at breakfast who was also lovely and helpful. We have also spoken with housekeeping and they too have been so friendly and positive in their roles. The staff have felt like family and we feel that they really care about us as guests. We wouldn't hesitate to book to stay here again and we truly hope the staff here are recognised for the outstanding jobs they are doing. And to the manager well done on motivating such a great team. We also hope you are recognised in the company for the amazing job you are doing. Please ignore any poor reviews you have read for this hotel and try it for yourself. You won't be disappointed. Thank you so much for a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: We loved our room 106 close for breakfast, reception and easy to manage with the pram.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 May 2013 via mobile

Certainly looks like a holiday inn...only smaller. I found the usual levels of cleanliness and staff were really helpful. Only downside was the room walls (at least my room) were quite thin and was kept awake by noise from next door. Other issue was breakfast. The breakfast area is tiny with seating for 20 and got terribly congested

• Stayed May 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Glenrothes, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
Dear Djgwright,

Thank you for your review and enumerating the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. Whilst I am pleased with the good comment, we truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. Please accept my apology for the shortcomings you have experienced during your stay. We are continually reviewing the products and service we provide, therefore guest feedback is very important to us.

Again, we wish to thank you for your input and hope to see you the next time you travel to our area.

Krysllin G.
Ardrossan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Had an overnight stay here. Arrived at 9.55pm and asked then receptionist if the pub next door still served food. Was advised they stopped at 10pm but that if I wanted a takeaway, she would phone it in for me, which I did, and it arrived about 15 minutes later. Bedroom was clean and the bed was comfy - had a good sleep. The shower was nice and warm and powerful. Breakfast in the morning was adequate - usual cereals, the hot breakfast consisted of sausages, scrambled egg and beans - the egg was a bit too salty for my liking though. Dining area was a little cramped when I arrived as it was quite busy. Hotel is located in a quiet area just out of the town centre. There is a bus stop a couple of minutes walk away - cost was £1.30 to the bus station, or about £4 in a taxi.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Sunderland
Reviewed 21 April 2013

...all HI expresses were like this. Have been coming to this hotel since 1999 and the standards have never dropped. Typical friendly Scots and I have yet to have an uncomfortable nights sleep.
Hotel is in a fairly quite location and the restaurant next door (Fettykill Fox) makes this the best HI I've stayed in. Only one small point the shower pressure could be much better, but this seems to be the norm in all hotels at the moment.

Room Tip: First floor rooms at far end of hotel are the quietest. All rooms are non smoking
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank kotfw
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glenrothes
Best Western Balgeddie House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Markinch
The Dean Park Hotel
The Dean Park Hotel
#2 of 5 in Kirkcaldy

Been to Holiday Inn Express Glenrothes? Share your experiences!