Two nights 8 & 9 September 2013 in room 246, upstairs and nearly furthest from the road looking out over the car park at the front. It was quiet and pleasant decor, with locked door to adjacent room, so could be combined with another room if required.
With twin beds one is against the bathroom wall with a small bedside cabinet between the beds, so limited space between beds. However the other bed has good amount of room between it and desk / window area, so there could be a better layout, but they are fixed in relation to combined bed head. (see photographs)
There's plenty of space for cases etc with a stand and shelf, also tea / coffee facilities.
Wi-fi is available free, but you have to get user name and password printout from reception and it will only work with one device, we did manage to get a second one as we both needed to work on separate laptops.
Neither the wash basin nor the shower could provide reliable hot water no matter how long you waited, it was cold or tepid at the best regardless of time of day. You could wait until it was tepid, get in shower and next moment it would be cold. This was reported to reception on departure, it may or may not affect other rooms.
Breakfast is included with a reasonable range on offer, although cooked items on both days were limited to just sausage, beans and scrambled egg, certainly less than any other HIE I have stayed in in UK or abroad.
Be wary of the supplied address and postcode by satnav / GPS, it took me and apparently may others to a school a couple of miles away ! In fact the hotel location is more Leslie than Glenrothes, and not quite as obvious as most hotels as it's by the roundabout but at a lower level and set back. Keep your eyes peeled for The Fettykil Fox too, the restaurant / pub next door, you may spot that first. It's convenient and we had good meals there both nights, with good friendly service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the edge of the town of Glenrothes, within easy reach of Edinburgh, Perth and historic St Andrews the Express by Holiday Inn Glenrothes is the ideal choice for guests looking for a hotel in the heart of Fife. The hotel is 20 miles from the Forth Bridge via the A911 and the M90, giving easy access to Edinburgh, Glasgow and the South.The hotel has just undergone renovations and provides a modern and fresh communal area for guests. This includes a lounge area where we welcome guests to our hotel bar and to watch our widescreen tv featuring Sky Sports.We are a small hotel with a friendly, family feel perfect for business, sole and family travellers. For any more information please contact the hotel directly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, IHG, Priceline, Booking.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Glenrothes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Glenrothes
- Holiday Inn Glenrothes
- Glenrothes Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Glenrothes Fife