“Probably one of the best Holiday Inn Express' I've visited.”

Holiday Inn Express Glenrothes
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Glenrothes
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Probably one of the best Holiday Inn Express' I've visited.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

A short overnight stay here at the end if April and I was very impressed.

The hotel itself is only a few minutes drive from the town centre and is situated of the main road so is very quiet whilst there is plenty of parking available at the front of the building.

Inside a friendly welcome was offered at reception and I was checked in quickly and without fuss. When checking in I was advised that all loyalty club members receive a 10% discount at the bar and I was also offered a copy of the menu for the restaurant which is next door.

My room was on the first floor and facing the rear. The hotel has been refurbished recently and has the new Holiday Inn Express design with darker wood and modern bathroom. I found the room to comfortable whilst it was very clean throughout.

A good nights sleep was had and there were no disturbances during the night whilst in the morning the standard Express breakfast is available in the small Great Room next to reception with the usual choices available. As the hotel is one of the smaller Holiday Inn Expresses out there it is the first time in a while that breakfast hasn't been a bit of a rabble whilst the area was again clean and tidy.

Overall a very good stay and definitely one of the best Holiday Inn Expresses I have stayed at. The only issue I experienced was that the free wifi was very poor at times, other than this the stay was perfect and I will definitely return.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Lynsay F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Glenrothes, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear Chris M

Thank you for your fantastic 5 star review about your stay with us at Holiday Inn Express Glenrothes.

I was over the moon when I read your review title!

I am pleased to read you were recognised as an IHG Reward Club member. We do appreciate the loyalty of our reward members, hence the 10% off of the bar just for our members. All hotels will offer different in house benefits as well as the standard benefits available.

I am happy you had a good night’s sleep and found our hotel to be clean & tidy. I apologise that you had some problems with the free Wi-Fi. We did have some connections issues for a couple of days which has now been rectified.

We hope to welcome back in the near future.

Lynsay Findlay

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

Great little Hotel, good location, just had a refit, very nice rooms, very good sleep quality .

The staff are wonderful, and really make a massive effort to make you feel at home, I rate them as full on 5 star .....perhaps this why I would stay again in a heartbeat !!!!!

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Lynsay F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Glenrothes, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear onthebuses1969

Thank you very much for your 5 star review about you stay with us at Holiday Inn Express Glenrothes.

I am delighted to read your comments regarding the team members! I am very proud of the team at Glenrothes and will share your comments with them.

Our refurbished bedrooms give the hotel a lift and do look great. I am pleased that the new rooms have not overshadowed the great people that make the hotel though.

I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Boldon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

We stayed for one night with our 5 month old baby. When we arrived the room was set up with a sofa bed not a cot (we'd booked through a 3rd party and the request had not been passed through). Before we had even gotten to the room the reception staff had arranged for the room to be re-configured, and it was done in a couple of mins.

They were also very helpful with directions, and generally very friendly and polite.

We weren't expecting breakfast, but we were pleasantly suprised when it was included (not to mention the free wifi)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear m_mckenna76

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a 5 star review regarding your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express Glenrothes.

Thank you for your lovely comments. I am pleased you enjoyed our free Express Start breakfast. All Holiday Inn Express hotels offer free breakfast and free Wi-Fi as standard now.

Please do not hesitate to contact hotels direct to make bookings and we can ensure requests are met where possible, it is good to see the receptionist got the cot set up in the room quickly for you though.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

Everything was great the room was just what we required great value for money would come back…Staff excellent..Friendly, warm and welcoming staff, clean and very comfortable bed. Excellent breakfast.. Amazing views, fantastic food, friendly staff. What more do you need

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Shirleyehjhannah

Thank you very much for the fantastic review regarding your stay with us at Holiday Inn Express Glenrothes.

I am thrilled to read your comments regarding the team here at Glenrothes. We take great pride in looking after all of our guests during their time in our hotel; it is always great to read comments about the service the team provide.

I am pleased you enjoyed the free Express Start Breakfast and you experienced our usual high standards regarding cleanliness.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

The long awaited refurb has started with part of the hotel now sporting the refurbed rooms. New carpets, curtains, decor, furnishings and lighting. However have kept the old doors, sanitary ware, towels, TV, hairdryer and possibly bed - and it shows. That's a real shame and seems a little short sighted in the context of this being a major refurb programme.

Of course it is much better than it was but probably less than an extra £1000 per room on the programme could have produced a room comparable with those seen in some of the new build HIE out there.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Lynsay F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Glenrothes, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Dear sleep007

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express Glenrothes and also for rating us 4 stars.

As you have mentioned our refurbishment is well under way now and it is very exciting! We have replaced all hairdryers and beds in the rooms; they are the same style but newer models.

We have kept sanitary fittings such as tissue boxes as these are replaced sporadically when damaged or broken. We have also kept all existing doors and TV's as they are in good working order.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

I will certainly pass your comments onto the appropriate person within the company.

Leicester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

Cheap and cheerful really sums it up! We were there for a wedding and it was nice enough to stay in, considering we were at another hotel for the actual wedding. So for a couple of nights sleep, can't really complain!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Lynsay F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Glenrothes, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear Mimmo2210

Thank you for leaving a review regarding your stay with us at Holiday Inn Express Glenrothes.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

SCOTLAND
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

Very reasonably priced room for the night with a very good free breakfast. My family of 5 and i had an overnight and decided to stay here for its location and price. The staff were very helpful and friendly and the hotel was very clean. The breakfast was really nice. Cereals(kellogs), fresh fruit, yoghurts, scrambled egg, sausage and beans. Croissants, nutella, jams and toast, I was full up. Would definetly stay here again

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank BABYBLAIR
Lynsay F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Glenrothes, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear BABYBLAIR

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at Holiday Inn Express Glenrothes.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad you found our staff to be friendly, helpful and you enjoyed our Express Start Breakfast.

Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Lynsay Findlay
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glenrothes
Premier Inn Glenrothes Hotel
#1 of 1 in Freuchie
Caledonian Hotel
Caledonian Hotel
#3 of 4 in Leven

Been to Holiday Inn Express Glenrothes? Share your experiences!