“One bad night / one good one!!!!!!”

Holiday Inn Express Glenrothes
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Glenrothes
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I must stress the bad nights experience was not the fault of thre hotel but ruined our 1st night stay. Quite a lot guest who had booked were celebrating their end of term " prom" and, at about 01.30 hrs, returned to the hotel drunk, shouting and making considerable noise both inside and outside the hotel. Eventually, the night porter explelled some of the rowdiest guests but by now, the " mature residents" could not have a restful night. The students and their respective parent/guardians need to take full responibilty. As we were catching an early train at 06.00 hrs that morning, we were not able to enjoy the day which cost us quite a lot of money. 2nd night, wonderful and very restful. Good complimentary breakfast and, whilst free Wi Fi in all areas, not working on this visit. The hotel management were very apologetic but cannot know who is booking in when the booking system used.Recommended taxi company fantastic and highly recommend. Plus marks go to the night porter who should not have been subjected to the noise and abuse from intoxicated students!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anthony J
Lynsay F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Glenrothes, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear by Keith J

Thank you for taking the time to write your review for us at the Holiday Inn Express Glenrothes.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for any inconvenience caused during your first night with us.

I am sorry that you had to experience the noise and were disrupted from your sleep. I have been informed by the team member on duty that the problem was resolved as quickly as possible and I do hope it was to your satisfaction.

I am pleased to read that you were able to rest on your second night with us and enjoyed the Express Start Breakfast. We did experience problems with our Wi-Fi, one of the connections was broken which caused some guests to have intermittent access. This has now been fixed, I apologise that this was not rectified during your stay.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future and you can experience our usual high standards.

If you would like to discuss any part of your stay in more detail please do contact me via – lynsay@hiexpressglenrothes.co.uk

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my wife and two infants. Hotel was modern and very clean and although there were 4 of us there was plenty of room. Staff were excellent and very friendly. Breakfast was included in price and was really good.the price was very reasonable and the are it is located is really nice with a lovely park only a few minutes walk away. overall we were really impressed with this hotel and would recommend it to anyone.

Stayed: June 2014

Dear johnhshannon

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express Glenrothes and also for rating us 4 stars.

I am delighted to read your comments regarding the staff, we do pride ourselves on the service we provide and the cleanliness of the hotel. I am glad your stay and experience was no different.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future

Reviewed 1 June 2014

My husband & I stayed here last night after we had been @ the Rothes Halls Glenrothes. In a convenient place for the pubs of Leslie, you can walk their in about 10 minutes. We had a room on the ground floor right @ the front door so we were a bit concerned that their would be a bit of noise all night with people coming in late or standing @ the front door smoking but we never experienced any noise @ all & slept all night. Had breakfast in the morning, their was cereals, rolls, bread, yogurts, & even had sausages, beans & scrambled eggs, just help yourself to whatever you fancy & there is a coffee, latte, machine ect & mini muffins!!! Mmm. Room was very nice with everything you need including a hairdryer & kettle if you can't wait for your cup of tea. Bathroom was immaculate with shower which you could step into without climbing into a bath 1st!!! We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Was happy with our room on bottom floor but would probably try & get a room on 2nd floor next ti...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Carol G

Thank you very much for the fantastic review regarding your stay with us at Holiday Inn Express Glenrothes.

It's great to read such brilliant comments about the hotel and area in which we are situated.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and the free Express Start Breakfast.

Once again thank you for your review, I will pass your comments on to all team members.

I do hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Exactly what is needed for the perfect business trip, immaculately clean rooms, friendly and helpful staff, decent breakfast, nothing is too much trouble. There were a few teething troubles after the recent re-fit but all sorted without fuss. Free, fast, reliable wifi in all rooms. And did I mention the room rates? Very competitive. I don't eat at the pub next door as I find the menu overpriced and food very average, but there are lots of good local restaurants; however, I usually get a take-out and there are plenty of menus in reception to choose from. The staff are happy to provide plates and there is a small bar which offers a good range of drinks. Highly recommended.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Travel alo

Thank you very much for the fantastic review regarding your stay with us at Holiday Inn Express Glenrothes and for rating us 5 stars!

I am delighted to read your comments regarding the service you receive when you stay with us.
The team are the heart and soul of our hotel so it’s very gratifying to see that they were able to demonstrate great hospitality.

I will pass your comments onto all team members; we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

A short overnight stay here at the end if April and I was very impressed.

The hotel itself is only a few minutes drive from the town centre and is situated of the main road so is very quiet whilst there is plenty of parking available at the front of the building.

Inside a friendly welcome was offered at reception and I was checked in quickly and without fuss. When checking in I was advised that all loyalty club members receive a 10% discount at the bar and I was also offered a copy of the menu for the restaurant which is next door.

My room was on the first floor and facing the rear. The hotel has been refurbished recently and has the new Holiday Inn Express design with darker wood and modern bathroom. I found the room to comfortable whilst it was very clean throughout.

A good nights sleep was had and there were no disturbances during the night whilst in the morning the standard Express breakfast is available in the small Great Room next to reception with the usual choices available. As the hotel is one of the smaller Holiday Inn Expresses out there it is the first time in a while that breakfast hasn't been a bit of a rabble whilst the area was again clean and tidy.

Overall a very good stay and definitely one of the best Holiday Inn Expresses I have stayed at. The only issue I experienced was that the free wifi was very poor at times, other than this the stay was perfect and I will definitely return.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Lynsay F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Glenrothes, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear Chris M

Thank you for your fantastic 5 star review about your stay with us at Holiday Inn Express Glenrothes.

I was over the moon when I read your review title!

I am pleased to read you were recognised as an IHG Reward Club member. We do appreciate the loyalty of our reward members, hence the 10% off of the bar just for our members. All hotels will offer different in house benefits as well as the standard benefits available.

I am happy you had a good night’s sleep and found our hotel to be clean & tidy. I apologise that you had some problems with the free Wi-Fi. We did have some connections issues for a couple of days which has now been rectified.

We hope to welcome back in the near future.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Great little Hotel, good location, just had a refit, very nice rooms, very good sleep quality .

The staff are wonderful, and really make a massive effort to make you feel at home, I rate them as full on 5 star .....perhaps this why I would stay again in a heartbeat !!!!!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Lynsay F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Glenrothes, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear onthebuses1969

Thank you very much for your 5 star review about you stay with us at Holiday Inn Express Glenrothes.

I am delighted to read your comments regarding the team members! I am very proud of the team at Glenrothes and will share your comments with them.

Our refurbished bedrooms give the hotel a lift and do look great. I am pleased that the new rooms have not overshadowed the great people that make the hotel though.

I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

We stayed for one night with our 5 month old baby. When we arrived the room was set up with a sofa bed not a cot (we'd booked through a 3rd party and the request had not been passed through). Before we had even gotten to the room the reception staff had arranged for the room to be re-configured, and it was done in a couple of mins.

They were also very helpful with directions, and generally very friendly and polite.

We weren't expecting breakfast, but we were pleasantly suprised when it was included (not to mention the free wifi)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear m_mckenna76

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a 5 star review regarding your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express Glenrothes.

Thank you for your lovely comments. I am pleased you enjoyed our free Express Start breakfast. All Holiday Inn Express hotels offer free breakfast and free Wi-Fi as standard now.

Please do not hesitate to contact hotels direct to make bookings and we can ensure requests are met where possible, it is good to see the receptionist got the cot set up in the room quickly for you though.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Lynsay Findlay

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glenrothes
Best Western Balgeddie House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Freuchie
The Greenside Hotel
The Greenside Hotel
#7 of 9 in Glenrothes

Been to Holiday Inn Express Glenrothes? Share your experiences!