“Fabulous”
Review of Greenhead of Arnot

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Glenrothes
Greenhead of Arnot
Ranked #3 of 9 Glenrothes B&B and Inns
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Fabulous”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

My friend and I loved our stay at this wonderful B n B in the beautiful area of Fife. Our room was immaculate with great views of the farmland! Beds were comfy and firm and the duvets so warm and inviting. I think even the pillowcases were ironed! We were so impressed. Breakfast was delicious and more than we could eat. Maggie and Malcom were the best, lighting a fire for us when we arrived exhausted in the evening, making sure we had plenty of ice for our drinks and helping us with directions and sight seeing suggestions. My only wish is that we had stayed at Greenhead at the end of our trip because NOTHING else came close in comparison to Maggie and Malcom's.

Room Tip: Try to arrive before dark unless you have a GPS.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Before I begin, I could easily see a theme developing in their reviews that anyone who stays here wishes they were able to stay longer! I'd say that's a good sign!

All the other reviews are totally right. Maggie and Malcolm go above and beyond to make your stay a happy one. Maggie cooks and serves all the meals and really knew how to make us feel special. We were able to get the large double bedroom and felt like we had a lot of space. There are cute decorations in the room and makes it feel cozy. The bathroom is right next door and had plenty of towels and adorable little touches to make you feel at home. There are luxury amenities (sink, etc)- and a great bathtub! The blankets and sheets were SO comfortable; I hadn't slept that well in a long time. If you need to recharge, this is the place to do it! The property is also nice and quiet.

When we first arrived, we were asked if we'd like some tea and we happily said yes! Maggie set it up in the drawing room and lit the fire. She also put out some nice cookies and breads and she began to prepare dinner. We had dinner at 8:00pm and she made the most delicious salmon salad that she put out with some crackers as an appetizer. She made us a pheasant dish with greens that you can tell she put a lot of love into! Dessert was lovely, as well, and she gave us each a delicious red wine. There was literally nothing else we would have needed - very happy campers!

The property is beautiful - Maggie is a great gardener! There are bales of hay and beautiful scenery all around, surrounding farms, etc which is a very very welcome change to where we're from: New York City!

Do not hesitate to book your stay - you will not regret it one bit!

Tip on getting there: Since it's on a farm, to make sure your GPS has no problems finding it, I recommend putting the "street" as A911 (the highway for those not familiar with the area), in Leslie. The "Greenhead at Arnot" sign is ON A911 (you can see it coming from both directions) so if you can't find the sign for any reason, you know it's at least right on that street and you won't have any problems going back if you happen to miss it.

Room Tip: If available, the double corner room is nice and big (But all the rooms will be nice!)
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Just returned from a great break in Fife where the highlight was a stay at Greenhead. The hosts Maggie and Malcolm were very welcoming and provided us with an extremely comfortable large double bedroom and a great breakfast. I wish I had booked all my nights here.

Room Tip: Get the large double, its fantastic.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
maggiestrangsteel, Owner at Greenhead of Arnot, responded to this review, 10 August 2013
So glad you enjoyed your stay. The large double is quite special!

I hope we’ll see you again soon.
The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed 4 May 2013

On a recent visit as the snow increased and after our long drive, we found our way to Maggie and Malcom's warm hospitality, a roaring fire and hot tea...we felt like we were welcomed home! Our hosts made sure we got to our evening destinations and back again safely. Our bed was warm (the electric blanket had been put on!), the breakfast sooo tasty and the view across countryside was beautiful. We have highly recommended Greenhead of Arnot to friends and are planning a return visit in early summer!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for your lovely review. Great news that you are planning a return visit - we look forward to seeing you again.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2012

I stayed in this lovely house recently in order to attend a family wedding nearby. Despite our very early arrival I and other family members received a lovely welcome. We were soon installed in the beautiful drawing room with a roaring fire and afternoon tea. The bedrooms were comfortable and well-equipped, with a plentiful supply of tea, coffee etc and fresh milk. Whilst the rooms were not ensuite, the bathrooms were close by and generously supplied with toiletries, and extra towels. We made the excellent choice of eating in on our first night there. Dinner was an absolute delight as were the breakfasts with very high quality produce. Indeed the breakfasts were probably the best I have had in any B&B or hotel. Maggie and Malcolm are charming and helpful hosts. Nothing was too much trouble. My only regret was that the weather didn't lend itself to exploring the lovely location of this property. You can't have everything!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
uk
Reviewed 8 December 2011

I have just returned from a long weekend in Fife where I stayed at Greenhead of Arnot B&B. I don't do many reviews but my stay was so good I felt I had to make a review.
From the moment you enter into one of the largest, most beautiful hallway with its large inglenook fire crackling at the side, the grand staircase leads you up to just a few rooms, but all are just beautiful. The bed was sumptuous and the breakfast was delicious. But Maggie and Malcolm are the stars of this property, they are wonderful hosts and do everything they can to make your stay perfect. I loved my short break and look forward to a longer stay next year.

Room Tip: I stayed in the large double, with vies across the garden.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glenrothes
Best Western Balgeddie House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Markinch
Lomond Hills Hotel
Lomond Hills Hotel
#1 of 1 in Freuchie

Been to Greenhead of Arnot? Share your experiences!