“Cocktail party favour.”

Foxtons Bar and Grill
Ranked #19 of 69 Restaurants in Glenrothes
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Scottish
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Bar Scene, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, After-hours, Drinks, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Methilhill, Leven, Fife, United Kingdom
“Cocktail party favour.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Had a brilliant time with girls from work yesterday at Foxtons, Glenrothes. Started with cocktail session with Danny, who was great, then food and a few more drinks.

I phoned and asked if they could do an hour or two session of cocktails for a party of collegues from work. It wasnt their usual remit but they were happy to oblige. A package was organised and agreed, it was a 'great' deal for us.

Great company, good banter and excellent food and service. The new manu was just launched too. A few of our company had mac and cheese, one asked for 'crispy' cheese on the top , again, they were happy to oblige. The meals were all good portions and tasted great. I have seen a remark on here about the chips and burgers being 'cheap and nasty', believe me, they are not, also you can get buffalo burgars, havent tried these, probably wont but my other half has and said it was great. If, on any occasion you dont find your meal up to scratch, it is very helpful if you tell the staff at the time so that they can rectify it. The staff would happily deal with any complaints at the time. I am very picky but the chef has adjusted certain dishes for me because I cant eat certain things and all food is made to order. They dont know if you just smile and say everything was fine, then complain when you get your bill, especially if you have eaten it!!! In my mind, you cant complain about food if you have already eaten it so expect to pay for it. Rant over.

Thank you very much to Danny (manager) and ALL the staff at Foxtons, it was an excellent day and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The cocktails were fab, especially the French Martini, scrummy. The whole experience was great and was very much enjoyed by all.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Jane D

Glenrothes, United Kingdom
“Foxton food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Thursday night fajitas for two plus bottle of house wine only £20 .Chef very kindly made my meal very mild as requested really good hot food .Advise booking a table .

Visited May 2014
Glenrothes, United Kingdom
“So So”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

If you like your pub food deep fried and microwaved, this is the place for you! The place was stinking of burnt cooking fat/oil the last time I was here, not a good start.
however, being really hungry, I gave it a go.
The food was fine, for what it was, and was priced accordingly, so, you get what you pay for, as with most things in life.
As I say, once got used to the smell, the food was ok.
Clothes were smelling bad for rest of the day, reminded me of the days before the smoking ban!! Yuck!!
On a final positive note, if they clean the filters in the kitchen, I would mark the eating experience up, as it is a nicely decorated and clean place

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Frank M
Cupar, United Kingdom
“Cheesecakes To Die For”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

The main course was quite good, the best are the various cheesecakes they do which are very unusual and the presentation is exceptional. Also had the best Cappuccino I have had for a very long time

• Visited May 2014
“Won't be back...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

...for Food at least!!
This was actually our second visit, the first visit I asked for a Chilli Burger, expecting it to be just that, however found it to be a burger topped with a lukewarm Chilli sauce. After a few months and in the passing we decided to revisit and give the food another go. Once we found the staff and were shown to a table I decided on the soup for a starter which was to come with a piece of crusty bread, what was actually served was a part baked roll which was basically warm dough. The soup while tasty had obviously been microwaved with heat on the top and cold in the middle. The next course was a warm salad with Black Pudding, I have never eaten microwaved Black Pudding but I'm sure that's what was served as it was dry and brown in colour, this was pushed to the side and thankfully there was a plentiful supply of a decent but could have been shop bought salad.
Won't be back!!!!