“Poor Management” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Foxtons Bar and Grill

Foxtons Bar and Grill
Ranked #20 of 65 Restaurants in Glenrothes
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Scottish
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Bar Scene, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Brunch, Dinner, Drinks, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Fife, United Kingdom
“Poor Management”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2014

I was in on Saturday (30/08/2014) and was disgusted in how the staff were getting spoken to. I am a regular visitor to Foxtons with my partner and also with larger tables, and I can now only say I will not be back. A lovely young girl served us to begin with (don't know her name as no name badge) she was very helpful and funny. She catered to all our needs and couldn't be more helpful and she made us feel relaxed on our evening. She informed us that there was a singer on that evening and that we should maybe stay and have a few drinks to have a listen, I can only say we did not feel comfortable staying because we then got served who I can only assume was the manager who was dressed differently from the rest of the staff, he struggled to control the flow of the restaurant and because of this he spoke to the other staff members like they were nothing. We had to ask for drinks a good few times before getting them, after asking for our drinks 3 times the manager got quite narky at us and snapped 'can you not see that we are busy, I will get them as soon as I can' my partner and I were DISGUSTED, all the staff were running about daft trying to help all the customers while the manager flapped at staff and customers. My partner and I seen the other staff get quite upset and angry and I can only say they handled them self really we'll because if this was either of us we would of walked out. We enjoyed our meal and we are sad to say we will not be back unless things can change. Extremely upset as it is a lovely place just a shame that it is going down hill.

3 Thank Nina_Willy
Floodinns, Owner at Foxtons Bar and Grill, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Dear Nina

Thanks for taking the time to write a review and sorry that it’s because you had a negative experience as opposed to a positive one. You’ve stated you are a regular visitor to Foxtons so you will know that this is not the norm and definitely not the behaviour we expect from any of our staff. Your review will be investigated thoroughly and any issues rectified.

Once again thanks for your review as all customer feedback helps us ‘raise the bar’ in trying to achieve a positive experience for our customers from the moment they book to the moment they leave any of our premises.

“Disappointing ....would not recommend!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Never visited before and thought we would try Foxtons for a family meal(9 in total) checked reviews most ok, seen one poor review but decided to try.

Had never been to foxtons before and thought we would give it try. First impression I thought the place smelt of toilets. Service was ok, bit slow between courses. Menu looked good for pub menu. Special Sunday lunch roast beef or roast chicken two of us had this and roast beef was tough and my mother could not eat hers. Ordered two steaks (16.99) each, one was ok but tough and other was inedible. after complaining received 15 percent off bill. Did not want to make a fuse but was very disappointed. After paying bill revived a loyalty card but will not need this.

sorry but would not recommend.

3 Thank John M
Dear John M,

Firstly, thank you for the review although I'm disappointed that you did not enjoy your visit.
I’m surprised by your comments as the beef was a sell out that day along with several steaks and all other check backs with other customers were without issue. I can only, therefore, put it down to being a couple of rogue steaks in the delivery as it was the same chef on the grill. I’m glad you received a discount on your table’s bill but disappointed that you aren’t going to give us another try.

Many thanks again for taking the time to write a review.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Appauling”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Taff were rude and obnoxious and I found that we were not treated as though we were paying customers.

Upon entering the establishment we were not welcomed we were 'eyeballed' from the bar by staff and after taking a seat in an area of our chosing we were told to move because it was booked.. no appologie or anything
We were then escorted to a table closest to the bar and were asked if we needed a menu but the waiter did not seem at all interested in our custom and was rather rude and did not make an effort to welcome or make us feel comfortable he refused to make eye contact with myself.
We ordered drink and waited 10 mins at least untill they were served...even though the place was empty.
We watched as our waiter decided to fold napkins and potter around the lounge before pouring our drinks and when the food came the general attitude was morbid and discomforting. Hed have been aswell dumping them on the table infront of us the general attitude was horrendous!!!
We were not offered any friendly assurances and we felt overall like we were imposing.
Wont be back!!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank steff t
Floodinns, Owner at Foxtons Bar and Grill, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Hi Steff,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review, although we're sad to see that you were not happy with the experience at all. We appreciate all feedback as this helps us to continually strive and improve and if you could let us know exactly which day and time you were in we can investigate this matter further.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Better than average pub grub”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Good value pub grub - nothing sparkling but it did the job for us as we were staying at the local Travelodge .
We both had the burgers which were buy 1 get 1 free - when they came they were very tasty only spoiled by frozen chips
The service was good and there is an area outside where dogs can be taken + it is situated next to a little park with a lake so you can treat the dog to a walk after your meal

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank adrian b
“Family Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

We went here on Saturday 26th July 2014 for a meal with family. The staff are really friendly and the food is really good. The surroundings are comfortable and pleasant.

The drinks are very reasonable as well.

If you are in the area, then it is a nice place to stop for lunch.

• Visited July 2014